Playing Games

"Okay, Ms. Marshall, we just have a few questions for you, that's all."

Here I was sitting in this isolated room, with nothing specifically in my mind.

So... when I decided not to open the door for the police officers, they left after like five more minutes. I'm thinking to myself, okay, you're good. They think you're not at home. I go about the rest of my day calmly until I hear another knock on the door. I hesitated to open it, but I do look through the peephole first, it's actually a maid.

They usually come around this time to clean out my room; one of the only positive things about living in a hotel to be honest. But anyway, I didn't open the door for her either; but she had a key, so she comes in with her cleaning supplies and things like that. I apologize for not opening the door for her, and unknowingly right behind her is THE POLICE! I don't know whether or not were they waiting on me... or just coming back or what ever it was.

They caught me red handed, and I felt like a fool because there was no way to get out of this. I ended up swallowing my pride and agreeing to come down to the police station with them... as if I had a choice.

So now, here I was sitting in this cold room, with only a pair of ripped leggings, a very revealing crop top, some slippers and my phone. In other words I was not prepared for any of this, and they already had me thinking of the worst shit right now.

No one has yet to tell to me why I was down here, all I know was that I was going to be "questioned" but who knows for what.

"Hello Nala Marshall, I'm detective Brown, You're here for a questioning, for the murder of Monroe Dotson, and the disappearance of Rodney "D-wood" Thomas, and Reggie Twyman."

An older man came into the room, I was in, he had a few documents in his hand and a recorder. It felt awkward to be on the other side of the interview, if that was what you could call this I mean.

I swallowed hard, not even knowing how to enunciate my words, they didn't find the bodies... I was shocked, and I didn't know whether to be happy, scared, or suspicious.

"Monroe Dotson?"

"Yes m'am, he was shot and killed in a shoot out with Rowland Gibson. We have heard that he is a very close friend of yours. Do you know anything about the shooting?"

I started to sweat, not even knowing what to say. I don't know exactly what RJ told them, and I feel like I was set up because no one filled me in on what to say to these people. I didn't know whether to lie or tell the truth, it all seemed so unrealistic to me.

"I... um I know of Rowland. He's a mutual friend of mine, and I also knew of the shooting. But.... that was purely self defense, I personally spoken to Ro-"

"How would you know that? Can you give us a walk through of what exactly happened that night?"

Oh shit.

I sighed before beginning to explain this shit to him, this was going to take all night to be honest.

-

".... and that's what happened." I exhaled out loudly feeling like a snitch. Even with all the facts and even with a confession I just sat here and told these people what happened; minus Chres' actions but still.

"So you're saying that it was self defense... from what you know of?"

"Yes sir. Rowland isn't the type to walk around with guns on his damn waist... unless he has to. He knew the danger of going in to the house."

"Why did he go into the house despite your warning?"

"I honestly don't know. He just said that he was tired of hiding from Monroe; the drug dealer who used to live at the house. Monroe was taking over South Central and the only way to get him out was either jail or death."