Welcome Back

The day of the party had arrived and I was really starting to have second thoughts after all. Everyone was really making the whole thing a huge deal, but I couldn't blame them.

RJ finally came home last night, I wasn't able to see him yet. Crystal and his family wanted some intimate time with him before everyone else.

Ding Dong

I walked out of my bedroom and towards the front door, I already knew who it was; I told Chris to meet me at my crib before we headed over to the party. I didn't want him not being prepared for anything that might happen tonight.

I cheesed as I opened the front door for him to come in, he looked so damn cute. But seriously I didn't know what was up with me and light skinned guys but Chris didn't make it hard to debate about.

"Hey baby." I finally said, trying to not stare at his face; like the usual. I swear I was guilty of just staring at this man, gotten caught so many times as well.

"Hey beautiful." Chris stared back at me, we were clearly both attracted to each other in everyway. But we've been around each other so much, we should've gotten used to our features by now. "...uh, was I supposed to bring a gift? I ain't want to seem like a broke nigga so I bought a bottle of Ciroc."

"Yea that's fine. We don't really drink liquor so they probably aren't going to have that much of a selection anyway." I started to walk out of the living room and back into my room. I wasn't quite ready yet, I still had to put on my eye lashes and my shoes. "Give me like five more minutes."

"Aight."

When I got back to my bathroom I quickly put my eyelashes on, also giving myself a mental prep talk. I haven't seen Tony, Mike, Melissa, or Chres in person in a minute so I knew in some sort of way it was going to be awkward; just didn't know the extremes yet.

Anyway once I had on my heels, I grabbed my clutch and phone before cutting all the lights off and meeting my baby in the front.

"Okay, I'm ready." I walked up to him as he was getting up from the couch. "You ready to meet the hood baby?" I joked.

He sucked his teeth in return before grabbing me by my waist. I low key loved teasing him about the more "urban" parts of LA. Only because he knew about living in the hood but only from Dallas' perspective. I really don't think he's ever been out to South Central, Compton, or any of those places by himself.

"You acting like we about to see some boys in the hood type shit." He joked back, still holding on to me, his natural smell of dove deodorant, and cocoa butter filled my nose.

"Hell, you never know. We just might!"

-

Why You Got To Fight With Me At Cheese Cake

You Know I love To Go There

Saying I'm Acting Light Skin

I Cant Take You Know Where

"Just make this right." I said, examining the old street that I once saw at least once a week.

Chris pulled his car up to the street lined up against Melissa's house. The clique was going to have an intimate get together before we all go out and hit up a couple of spots. Tonight was supposed to just be about RJ celebrating the "freedom" he has now.

Anyway after we parked the car and grabbed our gifts, I held on to Chris' soft hand and walked up to the front door. From the other cars parked in the driveway, I knew everyone was here. Including Chres.