Chres.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you aight?" There was a pause on the other line, like he was wipping his nose or something. "Shit getting too stressful man. Look I'm sorry Nala, I'm sorry for all of this."

The lump in my throat wouldn't budge, it was just like the tears wouldn't stop coming. Am I really that weak, like am I really going to sit here and cry over and fucking over again.

"It's... Okay, I was just calling to see if you were okay boy." I tried to push back the sight of him physically shooting two people to death in the back of my mind. It was self defense to say the least but it just was so much at one time. "You've been good?"

"Yea... you want to come over? I haven't seen you in a good couple of days. You know RJ is good, he wants to see you also. I just wouldn't go while Crystal was there."

"Okay, well I actually want to see you too. My mind just can't wrap around how you're going through all of this with out me being there to help you. Not even me being like your mother or anything.... I just miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Imma be over there after I do something. It won't take long."

"Yea, Imma leave the door unlocked for you."

"Okay."

-

I walked up to the hospital door and tried to pull myself together, I didn't have time to look my very "best" but I was looking decent for the most. I had my hair up in a simple ponytail, and a pair of leggings and a simple stripped shirt on.

I hesitated to open the door, when I finally did I seen RJ laying on a very plain white bed. It was quiet in the room, flowers and bears were surrounding around the room. But he still looked so lifeless, it hurt me to see him like that, remorse, anger, and guiltiness all were swarmed up inside of me.

"Rowland?" I asked closing the door behind me, it was just us in the room, I knew that he wouldn't have anyone else coming in today because Crystal didn't get off of work until two more hours and it was a Monday.

"Wassup." He groaned, he sat up in his bed a little and I got a fuller view of his wounds. There was white wrap all around his lower torso and on his left shoulder, he looked bad. "Oh hey Nala, about time you come to see a nigga."

I giggle a little, I felt like the ice in the room started to melt after that. I felt like there were no hard feelings between us, as if there could be. What people don't understand is that I warned this fool, I didn't encourage him to walk into the house.

"...yea, I brought you a couple of get well stuff." I played with the little bear I bought as I spoke. It was just a regular brown teddy bear, but I drew on it with RJ's name. "You know, Crystal is crazy as Hell right?"

"Yea..... she told me about what happened that night." He paused and stared out in space like he didn't know that to say. It was awkward for a few seconds until he just "came back to reality"."But yea like I was saying she told me she went off, Nala I have to apologize for all of this shit man... I should've listened to y-"

"No, no please. Don't apologize. You didn't know what Monroe was capable of, and I should've been more aggressive."

"Aggressive? Nala I'm not a pit bull. I'm cocky, yea I know that. And that's why I'm sitting in this Damn hospital bed. But it's okay. I survived two surgeries and shit, I'm good I promise."

I don't know why but the water works were coming again. I tried to wipe them away but I was already worked up again, I felt like shit.

"Naw Naw, stop the tears Nala. Come here. Come here." RJ signaled for me to come to his bed, I walked over slowly feeling my body drained. I felt his still big strong arms wrap around me, I just cried on his shoulder. "Its okay, stop crying Damn. I've been dealing with crying since I've been in here. I'm fine aight, Imma be out of here in a couple of weeks okay?"