Casey.

Later That Day

Chres wanted to go shopping for tonight so him and his guys went to the mall, and I had to connect with my homegirls to catch up. Amelia accidentally heard everything that happened last night, and trust me, she's been blowing my phone up all day.

I didn't even realize since my phone had been dead since I left from my house. Thinking about all of that chaos, is not good for me right now, it may not be healthy to pick and choose my problems but so far nothing has crashed down on me... yet.

But anyway, I was at the mall looking for a perfect outfit to wear to the game. Fortunately Amelia, and Crystal were able to come out with me. It was great to see them, especially Crystal, last time we talked she was so excited about graduation and RJ taking his own education serious.

"Oooh, Nala, what about this? It's blue.... Yo nigga's favorite color!!" I shook my head slowly at the very sheer dark blue skirt Crystal held in her hands. Joking or not, that shit was completely out. "Fine then, dress like a nun then."

"That's fine with me, love." I said defensively, I ignored her umpteenth option of "outfits and started to look around on my own, Amelia had ran off to find me some shoes since I was not even daring to go back to our house any time soon.

I looked at a different rack, getting distracted by a simple black dress on display. It was strapless and the denim jacket I had Chres' apartment immediately popped into my head.

Perfect.

Finally I had found something to wear, I grabbed my size through the rack before eagerly looking for my friends.

"Okay, I got the outfit y'all..."

"Ughh, why you didn't like the outfit I picked out for you?!" Crystal asked, she had yet another revealing outfit in her hand, like come on enough is enough. She was just so used to her mentality of trying to grab a "baller's" attention. Now that she had a man, she couldn't wear what she wants to, and now she wants to push it onto me.

"Crys, I just can't do that anymore."

"Whatever, trust me some thot clothing is exactly what your wardrobe needs."

We started walking to the cash register, Amy wasn't even in this store, so we were just going to have to call her. I wasn't stressing about it, she was grown so it was whatever.

"I'll keep that in mind." I sarcastically responded back.

Anyway I paid for my dress, and I even found a few accessories to go with it. Next was to find some shoes and get ready, we walked out of the store and thought of all the possible places she could be.

The first place I thought was her favorite shoe store, we walked in and I immediately spotted her, but she wasn't even looking at the shoes. She was over at the jewelry section, specifically the rings.

"Girl, did you find anything?" I asked, meeting up with her, she looked over at us and gave a weak smile.

"Nala, are you sure that you're over what happened?"

"Girl yes! I really don't even want to think about it."

"Was it really that bad?" Crystal interrupted, "She acting like you was almost killed, and you acting like it was just an accident. Someone needs to fill me in."

I sighed, clearly getting irritated, I honestly felt like the only reason she was so damn concerned was because she felt like it was her fault. And I felt her on it, but when the person that it happened to clearly doesn't want to talk it about it, shouldn't be spoken about any more.