Six

A few days later

"So... how has life been bitch?"

I looked behind me in the mirror, seeing Crystal walk up. She looked cute in her graduation gown, today we had to do fittings and make sure everything had fit. This was going to be my very last day on campus before graduation.

"It's been good!" I said giddily, I placed the matching cap onto my head. This was really it, your girl was about to graduate.

"Mm, you see I had to ask because somebody act like they can't pick up my calls." Crystal responded, she stood next to me in her outfit too, her curves fit the gown right, but I knew she wasn't even worried about it.

"Crys, it ain't even like that, I promise!" I said in defense, which was true it wasn't like I was avoiding the girl, neither her or Amelia. I have just been busy with my journalism promotion and of course chilling with Chres.

"Whatever, you still having that graduation party? Or you moving the location, because when I talked to Amelia she said she didn't know."

"I don't know either to be honest, I only have a few more days to get my stuff out so. I'm not feeling it."

"WHAT!" Crystal hollered, a few other people around us looked at her.

"Yes! Besides my dad is coming down and I don't want him assuming like he did last time."

Last time he came, he almost got robbed because of his outfit. He really walked around all day with red on, as if that wasn't dangerous enough, he insisted on joining Chres and I to a barbeque. That didn't end well, and I didn't hear the end of it, but that did get him to only come down here once or twice a year.

"Damn Nala! I was really looking forward to the party, RJ won't let me come to South Central unless for a good reason."

"Girl that's not your dad, you don't have to listen to him, and there isn't anything out there anyway. He's right, it's time to move on."

At that point I felt like I should be taking my own advice, it's time to move on from the past. Forget Monroe, forget that stupid house, and forget all that drama.

After the fitting was over, the Dean of the school announced that our final graduation would be exactly one week from now. My heart dropped hearing that, because I continued to forget about it.

I said goodbye to all my friends and drove off, I hit the highway and realized that if I was truly going to "forget" about Monroe and all of that other shit. I was going to have to get all my stuff, the countdown from two weeks has now been dropped to barely a week. So me thinking last minute; like I do, I thought about how I could grab some more clothes and get Chres to get my furniture today.

I took the next exit and divided to just do it, get it over with. Driving towards the neighborhood I did start to get anxiety, certain areas were definitely poverty stricken. And since I was seeing it from a deferment situation, these places definitely stuck out now.

When I finally made it to the house, I noticed how abandoned it looked. Looked almost exactly the same as it did when I left, I was suspicious, but I knew Amelia has stopped by here at least twice since the whole "accident".

I parked out front and walked up to the house, I felt so out of place being here now. I didn't want this house anymore and it was obvious, right before I was about to open the front door, my phone started ringing.

I Said Your Body So Amazing

Girl You Drive Me Crazy

Just Crash Into Me Ba-