HTFDWGITT

"What the fuck was that Chres?" I quickly asked as he started to speed down the highway, I guess he wanted to go home all of questions sudden. I don't know, but he was really missing me off, he's sitting here acting like a baby and that shit isn't cool.

"Can you just chill? You feel me, I got a lot of shit on my mind, and y'all think I'm not thinking about the bodies or my own blood going to jail. It's a lot for a niggas to take Nala, Damn."

I sighed, knowing that he was once again tensing up and cutting me out of his head. He rarely ever tells me things now and it's hard to try to help the man when I don't even know what to help with.

"Look, don't take your frustration out on me. I'm just here to help you with this babe, I'm not the enemy." I placed my hand on top of his as he continued to drive, I could see a small smile forming. "We can get through this and we can continue to support RJ too! This is what we've been doing."

"You right."

I finally felt the tension cool down around us, which was a sigh of relief to me. Honestly, I know I'm not the "best fit" for this type of love lifestyle that I'm living; and continuing to try to get out of. But a bitch works pretty damn hard to keep up with this, this isn't just a walk in the park.

Plus I have a full time job, with a boss who stays on me, Hell I'm really proud of myself for not giving up. I broke down so many times, and didn't know how to get back up and continue, but by the grace of God I guess I'm still here.

"Chres we're going to get through this. But I just have to know why you feel so certain about the bodies."

He kept his eyes on the road, acting like he didn't hear my question, but I know that he did. I mean it was eating away at all of us, wheat the Hell did the boy do with the bodies. And how the Hell didn't he get any help, like is he on his grim reaper flow right now?

"Nala, let me be completely honest with you, I know some really hard core niggas, who help me."

"Help you? Chres when the Hell did you start 'knowing' all of these people?"

"Nala.. I'm not what you think I am. I don't live this 'fantasy' type shit. I'm different than what you think, I'm just another hood nigg-"

"No, don't say that Chres, you're not. I know you're not."

"Yes I am. You can't see that shit? I rap and all of that. But it don't matter what I do, I'm always back into this shit!" He paused, and that's when I realized that we pulled up to the gas station. "...Imma be right back."

He got out of the car and slammed the door, leaving me by myself. Ugh, I just wish that he could see what I see in him, but honestly what do I see in him? Maybe he is just another guy out the hood, who cares?

Yea who cares, shit could only get better. The police won't find the bodies, RJ will get out, and we could work things out. Everything back to normal.

When he got back into the car, it was silent between us, honestly the only thing that could make me happy would be going to my new apartment. I just barely moved in with all of the mess with RJ's case, but with the money from my graduation party, savings from my checks, and a loan from my dad I was finally able to move to the Valley; the same place Chres showed me, with no financial worries.

As I payed attention back on to the road I knew where we were going by now. I was recognized the route to my apartments already.

Good, I thought to myself, leaving the city. Now if he says some more BS he can just leave me be. I didn't wasn't want to hear any more foolishness from this man for the rest of night.

Next Week

Chres hasn't talked much about the situation, but I knew it was on his mind. That nigga has grown to be sneaky, and I only can question it; and not get a damn response back.

"Hey, you hear that new record yet? You probably have already, it's by your man!"

I turned to my co-worker Janae, she turned up her speaker through her computer so that I could listen as well. She was in charge of most of the music incorporates to the magazine so of course she got some of the newer releases out.

The song continued to play and I immediately recognized the song; it was one of Chres' songs. I was shocked that he has released, especially after everything that's been happening. I was happy though, it seemed to be a tribute to RJ, which also meant he was in studio very recent.

Thank God, he's back in the studio.

--------------

Once I walked through my front door to my apartment, I peeled my heels off and called Chres. I knew he wasn't doing anything right now, he would usually be sleep.

The phone rang a couple of times before, I heard him finally pick up. There was clearly music blasting in the background, but I ignored, I had to congradulate my baby on his song.

"Hey."

"Hey, what you doing?" I asked, opening the blinds in my apartment, it was damn near empty so everything I said echoed.

"Uh... nothing, chilling, why you just got off work?"

"Yea," I started cheesing trying to not just burst it out, "I heard your new song! I'm so proud of you!"

"Aww for real." He paused, and I was starting to get nervous. This wasn't his usual reaction when he dropped a song. "Well, that song was just a sample. I decided to get back to the grind. I gotta another tour lined up with Casey Veggies, and I decided to do it."

Casey Veggies... mm, so I guess they really did hit it off like I thought. Hell at least he was back to focusing.

"Aww that's... that's great! When will all of this be in the works?"

"Next month. It's last minute I know, but it's just how it's going to be."

"Well, thats fine babe!" I paused my self, being disgusted with how I was acting, I just said babe. I hate that word, it cringes my soul. "Just Keep your head up."

"I will, and another thing. They closed the missing body case, we're good."