Chapter 53: Jealousy

As you may have expected, this is about jealousy.

No, surprisingly, this isn't about Fukui's repressed feelings  - no not at all. While she's so used to hiding any feelings of contempt when Oikawa's surrounded by his fangirls, she was mostly apathetic about it. Because who can blame the ladies? Oikawa is quite charming, and besides, Oikawa never showed any genuine interest to any of them - as polite and kind as he may act.

No, no. This isn't about Fukui - she has that all handled.

This is about Oikawa and jealousy.

What? Oikawa and jealousy? Those two just don't mix together right - it's like mixing oil and water together. Last time he was in 'love', jealousy got the best of him. And you know Oikawa: if he wants something, he gets it. He acts boldly, never hiding those feelings and wears it like a crown.

Odd, because waaaay back then - back when a couple of guys were staring at Fukui during gym class play vault - they were perverted enough to comment on Fukui's long legs within Oikawa's hearing range.

He didn't care.

And that - even to any cousin would react negatively to that statement. It was definitely over the line, but Oikawa wasn't bothered at all. Boys will be boys, he thinks. There will always be pervs lurking in every corner. Not a single damn was given.

Now, however is entirely different.

Everything is the complete opposite, actually. First of all, Oikawa actually tries to hide his jealousy. Sure, he frowns just so slightly - but who is she to pick that hint up? She's no expert at that stuff. From his past experience, jealousy would only heighten his impatience. That is not what he needs right now. His actions will be made wisely and slow.

But man, is he suffering so much.

He has never held anything back before in his life. And it's so challenging - he's not sure just how Fukui does it. Now comes the second part to this: he gets jealous on a day to day basis. It doesn't even have to be pervs that irritate Oikawa - it's practically any guys apart from him and Iwaizumi.

You see, Fukui grew up with four guys: him and Iwa for all her childhood, Kuroo and Kenma for the rest of it and up to high school. It's no surprise that Fukui gives off the aura that she gets along well with guys. And no, not guys with intentions. Most of them are there to casually talk to Fukui about other girls. Like they don't see her as one at all.

Even so, it still bothered Oikawa to no ends.

And that's not all: the class president - one who is usually cold and unfriendly - started talking to Fukui recently. And Fukui sometimes chats him up - usually getting a harsh scold from him for her grades and whatnot. Oikawa's not sure whether they're only talking about solely grades, but he doesn't like it. He has a bad feeling about that class president. He feels that maybe that leech is interested in her.

Or maybe, he's just thinking irrationally again.

And so he suppresses it for a while. And it's so painful. Too painful for Oikawa's impatient nature. He's straightforward, down to earth. He has never been this secretive - even to the point of withholding the information that he might be in love with Fukui from Iwa-chan. And Iwa-chan is someone who Oikawa trusts greatly. Oikawa claims he'll tell him when it's truly confirmed.

But it's confirmed alright, so well confirmed considering how much Oikawa is enduring right now.

And the last strike was today. Fukui went home as soon as class finished, while Oikawa stayed after practice. But here's the catch: