Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

"Xavier, everything is fine. I know Zayn understands," I reassured my brother.

"It's been so long...I tried my best...how could that have happened...," Xavier muttered. It was time for me to go, so I led him to the nurses who took him back to his room. I was worried about him; he can't afford to set himself back in his recovery. I whispered to the nurses to keep an eye on him, she told me she would. I gave my brother a big hug,

"I love you! See you soon!"

Once in my car and on the way home, I turned the radio on. "Kiss You" by none other than One Direction was playing. I can't believe I agreed to go on a date with that jerk. It was just...so hard to hold a grudge when he looked so damn sexy. All I wanted to do was play with his luscious hair. He still had those dimples I had loved so much years ago.

"Back so soon?" Liz questioned as I walked in the door of our apartment.

"Yeah...some unexpected things occurred..." I tossed my car keys into a handmade ceramic bowl on the kitchen counter. Liz was watching TV with a bowl of popcorn on her lap.

"Like what?" She said as I sat down on the couch next to her. I didn't want to tell her, but I knew she could tell.

"Do you remember Harry?" I asked her, she nodded her head.

"Let's just say...I saw him."

"Did he remember you?" She said with a mouthful of popcorn.

"...unfortunately."

"What did he say? What did he say?" Liz bounced in her seat, spilling some popcorn onto the floor.

"Well, he, uh, he'll be here at, um, eight." I smile sarcastically.

"NO. WAY," she placed the popcorn bowl on the floor to prevent herself from spilling more. "You need to get ready!!"

"Liz, whoa, I have, like, seven hours!"

"It's Harry friken Styles, Jamie! You were sooooooo in

love with him in fourth grade! This is your second chance! This could be you fairytale!!"

Let's just saw Liz was a hopeless romantic. She'd never had much luck with boys, but she loved them.

"He ruined it back then, I know he'll do it again."