Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"I still think you should wear the dress," Liz promoted the outfit she had picked out for me. She wanted me to wear a sliming navy blue dress with high heels and lots of jewelry. I was not going to make Harry think I'm more excited about this date than I actually am. I decided to wear my favorite pair of dark skinny jeans, a graphic tank top (which had a graphic portrayal of the famous Eiffel Tower in Paris, a place I've dreamed about going since I was a little girl); over the tank I had an unbuttoned pink, blue, and light red button down. I had lots of bracelets on as well.

My phone buzzed as I grabbed a mint. I picked it up to read a text sent from Harry Styles,

"This will be a night to remember xx."

Do I respond? Eh, I don't want to lead him on. Anyway, the boy will be here any minute; there's no need to text him. Sure enough, I placed the phone on the counter and a knock sounded from behind the wooden door. Liz sprinted over to me, thrilled.

"You go get that, young lady! It's finally time!" She smiled and played with my hair. Liz was like a big sister, edging on motherly figure. She always wanted the best for everyone she knew, and didn't know.

"Yeah. Yeah."

I slowly made my way to the door. Mentally talking myself out of any good scenario I thought of on the way. I know this date will not get my hopes up like I did many years ago.

I paused by the door, put on a fake smile, and swung open the old wooden door, revealing a handsome male.

"Hello, love," he smiled and handed me a bouquet of brightly colored flowers.

"Hey." I spoke back, taking the flowers and tossing them on to the kitchen counter.

"Playin' hard to get, eh?" He said sassily.

"Shall we now?" He said once I grabbed my cellphone and purse.

"We shall," I smiled. As I continued to look at him, my excitement grew. But, I can't be happy or excited about this date. Nor can I be even remotely attracted to Harry. This would never work. It couldn't. Not after what he did.

I made my way to the door as Liz ran over and whispered in my ear,

"Just so we are clear: you have no curfew tonight, dear. In fact, stay out as late as possible or you're in big trouble, honey."

Harry led me down the stairs of my apartment building and into his car.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he winked.

We arrived at a small diner. I'd never been before, but it looked very cute.

"Niall told me this place was good," Harry unbuckled his seatbelt. Damn, those dimples --- ah, stop that, Jamie, those dimples are hideous, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I needed to convince myself that puberty had make this man dead ugly and not gorgeous if I had any hope of not creating feelings for him once again.

Like a gentleman, Harry held all the doors open for me. The diner was in a small building, with tables with booths as seating and a counter with classic red booth chairs to sit at. We sat next to each other at the counter. I figured it would be fun to watch the food being made in front of you, especially if we ran out of topics to chat about.

"You look gorgeous tonight, Jamie." Harry smiled down at me.

"Hah, not true. You're just saying that."

"No, I'm not. You've always been beautiful!"

"And I'm sure you say that to every girl you hit on, don't you?"

"Would you stop being so sour. I thought this was a re-due. I understand I screwed up, but keep in mind I was, what, eight? Can we move on already?"

"I get that Harry, but what you did won't be forgotten. You messed up and if you really want me back, you better prove yourself."