Chapter 1

Hi! If you have any comments and/or suggestions please tell me! I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1:

"Hey, Kathy!"I waved to Kathy, my best friend who was sitting at an outside table at our favorite cafe. She stood up and gave me a giant hug; she was known for her great hugs. I sat down at the table across from her as she asked me how I was.

"I'm alright," I sighed, "I have to go to, uh, well to see Xavier tomorrow," I told her. She knew my feelings toward my brothers rehab life. It was hard for me to see him in that kind of enviroment. Since our parents tragic lifes, I'd hate to see him go down the same path. I've always protected him through life and to see him so...well, messed up breaks my heart. I wish I could go back and change things for him...If I had only known what was actually going on in his mind, maybe I could have prevented it.

"Oh, Jamie, it will be good to see him again! It's been a few months, right?" Kathy asked as a basket of assorted breads arrived.

"It will be great to see Xavier! I miss him and love seeing him, but, just not...there." She smiled and passed me a piece of bread. Changing subjects, Kathy smiled,

"So, how's your love life going?" Kathy was such a snoop and love was one of her favorite topics. We've known each other since we were very little so it was normal.

"Very boring. You?"

"While...there is this one guy," she blushed, "his name is Cole and he is gorgeous! I met him the other week at a party. We are going out tomorrow night!"

"I'm so happy for you. While I'm miserable, you'll be on a date!" She laughed. We talked for a bit longer then parted ways. She had to be at work in a few minutes; she works at a local smoothie cafe. I walked back to my apartment, dreading the morning.