Chapter 40

Some weeks later...

"So...What do we do now?" I ask after One Direction's final show for an entire year. 

"We begin our lives. Together." Harry smiles, holding my hand and leading me into his car and to the airport. Where we are going, I do not know. And then a month passed and we were separated for a day, getting ready for the most spectacular day of our lives. Our wedding. 

The day was not nearly as fun as I had expected. When your single, weddings are these magical places to meet other desperate and lonely men, but here...as the bride, it wasn't fun at all. I want desperately for it to be magical. But, I couldn't be with the person that made me feel magical. I couldn't watch him get dressed, help him button his shirt, or style his hair. I just wanted to watch him. I wanted to kiss him and tell him I love him and be with him. I think that's a lost art in our society. Nobody is every just with someone. You're either ripping each others clothes off or arranging to. I don't need that with Harry, I don't always want that. What I want is his hand in mine, to rest my head on his rising chest, and just be

The hands on the clock ticked slowly with the acceleration of my beating heart. Until finally, when I couldn't bare it any longer, I was ready, dressed, and walking down the isle. Harry wore a black tux. His smile rose at the corners, with passion and nerves. He was beautiful. Not just superficially, though his looks were stunning, but I just loved every bit of him. His quirks, his secrets, his mistakes. He was the most imperfect human being I'd ever met, and that made him the only one I ever wanted. 

"Hey, beautiful." He whispered as I joined him on the altar. I blushed. Honestly, I don't remember what happened after that. Everything was such a blur. I was so hopped up on adrenaline and joy, I just blacked out. All I knew was Harry was with me - he didn't run or put his career before me. He was here and so was I, and this just couldn't be happening. 

But then, just like all great dreams, hell broke loose.

We were dancing. His hands were on my hips, mine were in his hair. But then we began to hear a voice above the music, slurring words at the top of his lungs was Harry's manager. He was drunk and he was angry - never a good combination.

"You idiot. Told you, Sty. You id..." He slurred approaching us. 

"Jerry, you need to go." Harry said sternly. 

"You-You weren't supposed."

"I did. Go, you weren't invited." Harry beginnings to push his manager off the dance floor. Some guests come help assist Jerry out, who thrashes his body and spills his drink on the ground as he leaves the room with a statement. 

"Sorry, babe." Harry says returning to me on the dance floor.

"Maybe we shouldn't have," I begin to say. Harry angrily interrupts me.

"Don't let him or the business get into your head like that, Jamie. This is exactly what we were meant to do."

"But, I just don't want you to get in trouble."

"If my management can't except my growing up then they will no longer work for me, you understand? This is our year, and this is my life. They cannot control that."

"Yeah..." I mumble, looking to the ground. His fingers tilt my head upwards to look into his eyes. 

"Jamie, please...Forget about him. I need you to."

"I can't be the reason your dreams fall apart, Harry. I couldn't live with myself."

"You are my dreams, Jamie. You are."

He leaned in and kissed me. He'd never kissed me this way before. Everything was different. We weren't separate anymore. We were about to face the rest of our lives, together, and that was magical. It was terrifying, but it was magical. We had both checked yes...Who would have ever imagined that?