Chapter 41

It was spread throughout the world of gossip in a matter of hours, but somehow, Harry hadn't heard yet. Until he was in his meeting with Jerry. I imagined Harry was sitting across his manager in his award-studded room. Jerry had overcome his hangover from the wedding, but he was still just as upset.

"We've got a lot of damage to repair," Jerry groaned putting a stack of papers on the desk.

"No. We have a lot to celebrate." Harry corrected.

"Harry, I don't know how else to put this, but your fans want you, a single you. Not her, not a married man. They want you, Harry, and now that you're taken this could alter the status of your fan base."

"Then they aren't real fans...," Harry whispered.

"That's bull!" Jerry shouted. "Of course they're still fans. They are the ones buying your albums and coming to your concerts - who cares why they like you! Our job is to keep them liking you."

"Alright...," Harry mumbled, growing defeated.

"So, the wedding. I've thought about it and I actually think we could spin it. The fairytale ending for the perceived womanizer, right? We'll get People to put a special edition together. It'll be beautiful. Okay, so we're good. I'm good with that." Jerry said before pulling out a photograph of a tabloid headline.

"Now, this is the real doosey." He told Harry. Harry didn't say anything, having not read the headline yet. Jerry kept talking.

"We'll have to make sure the wedding doesn't get cast as a cover up for the pregnancy, but we should be able to. We'll get some honeymoon picks thrown in there. Make it seem like this is what you've been planning. Oh, and congratulations by the way. I mean, you're screwing us all over here, but I bet the kid will be cute." Jerry finally stopped to breathe.

"What are you talking about?" Harry stutterer.

"The pregnancy reports! Thank you by the way, for not making them public yourself. It sucks that the paparazzi was following Jamie but we can spin this as an invasion of privacy."

"Jamie's...pregnant?" Harry asked.

"Oh. You didn't know?"

A deep silence falls between them. Neither knows quite what to say or what Harry's ignorance of the event means. I wish I'd been in the room. I wish that camera man didn't have any interest in my life. This wasn't how it was supposed to happen...

Sometime between that conversation and now, Harry came home, angry and dismissive of the topic. I was sitting on the couch, anxiously awaiting the moment I would tell him. I couldn't wait to see his reaction, though I had no clue what it would be. We'd planned of a life together this year, but we didn't specify if that included more than just us.

"How was your meeting?" I asked. He tossed his keys on the counter.

"Wasn't much of one." He grumbled.

"Was Jerry still mad?"

"You could say that." Harry avoided eye contact. I stood up,

"What's the matter, Harry?"

"Nothing...It's just something Jerry said."

"What did he say?" I ask, feeling my heart beat begin to accelerate.

"It was what other people said." Harry mumbled, walking around me. And then, in an out of personality moment, he began talking loudly and quickly,

"Like, of course you're not pregnant. How could you be? And the fact that they think just because you were in front of a hospital means something is ridiculous. I hate them. That's right, I do. They have no right to make up lies about my wife, they don't." He turned to look at me for a response, but I didn't have one.

"Don't you think it's ridiculous?" He asked again.

"Um...," My eyes drift to the floor, where our feet stand opposite each other, in parallel lines. I feared our lives were about to fly down similar tracks.

And then something clicked. His green eyes skimmed my body, his muscles relaxed. He took a step away, running his hand through his hair.

"You're really...?" The words couldn't escape his mouth. I nod, a nervous tear sliding down my cheek.

"Jamie." He whispers, frozen in place.

"Jamie," he says with a more uplifting tone.

"We're having a kid?" A smile creeps across his face. Harry walks towards me, noticing my tear.

"Baby, why are you crying. Do you not want it?"

"No, no, that's not it." I shake my head. "I just wasn't sure what you'd think."

"I think our year just got so much better." He smiles, a tear runs down his face as well. Harry kisses me, "I love you so much, Jamie."

"You think you're ready to be a father?"

"You kidding? We're gonna be the best parents ever!" He half jokes. I nod my head and lean into his hug, resting my head on his chest. The world is calm, and though I never expected this life, I can't help but love it.