Is Phantom Of The Opera Real?

Hey guys. I'm sorry for a false alarm. This isn't a side story. I mean a side story is coming up soon, please don't be too disappointed. Instead, I want to share to you a rather interesting topic...
Q: Is the Phantom of the Opera real?
Yes. No. Maybe. This is the topic I'm getting into now. Any inquiries, write in the comments/reviews section. If you have any phan friends, you may want to share them about this. Meanwhile, I would like to get back to the topic.
By the way I want you to know that Gaston is an investigative novelist (or some word like that I'm not sure XD) Basically, he was sent to investigate about what happened in an opera house, and this inspired him to write 'Phantom of the Opera'.
The setting of 'Phantom of the Opera', where the location is a opera house in Paris, is real. There is indeed an opera house known as the Garnier Opera House (you can google it). Apparently it was rumoured to have a ghost, or phantom haunting the very opera. There is even a horseshoe that is put on a door (I think) of the opera house, in hopes to ward off the phantom.
Also, the opera house was found to have an underground lake, underground places and all, just as described in the book, or shown in the movie and musical of POTO. Some are wondering how the book can have its descriptions in such accurate detail, so more suspect that what Gaston Leroux wrote is really real.
But here's my perception- I think Gaston merely mixed facts and fiction in his book.
Let me tell you this first- the main characters in the book are real. There really was a phantom, whose name instead of Erik, was Eric. Raoul and Phillipe probably didn't exist. As for the character Christine Daae, there was a real lady whose name was Christine Nilsson. The description of Christine Daae and Christine Nilsson is actually so incredibly similar...
Though the characters and the setting of the opera house is real, about the romance between Christine and the phantom, that might be fabricated by Gaston, I am not really sure.
Also, remember that there was one part in the movie/musical/book when the chandelier was crashed by the phantom? Well, no one was sure if it was the phantom who crashed it, but one of the counterweights of a chandelier in the Garnier Opera House fell, and killed a woman called Madame Chomette, who was a concierge.
For those who didn't read the book, Gaston did state about how the chandelier fell, killing a lady who also was a concierge.
Funny isn't it?
The next thing I want to say is this. Evidence had been found that Monsieur Leroux heard a strange rumour during a visit to the Opera House in 1908 that one of Garnier's architects, named Eric, had asked to live underneath the incredible structure ... and hadn't been seen since.
It's no coincidence that Leroux's phantom is a man named 'Erik' who was a contractor for Garnier.
Now, here's a link that talks about 'the Phantom of the Opera' being real. There are many sites who aren't exactly reliable (e.g. blogspot can be written by anyone) but this site seems to be quite okay.
http://www.messynessychic.com/2014/08/26/unmasking-the-parisian-phantom-of-the-opera/
If you can't click the link from here, go to my bio(profile). I'll post the link there also.
Now I hope you have enjoyed this little topic that I wrote about. Tell me you reactions about this, I so really want to hear. By the way, I will release a side story soon, since many people asked me to do so.
Oh yes, one more thing. If you have enjoyed my 1st phanfiction, I hope you would read my new phantom of the opera fan fiction: It's called 'Her Angel'.
If you can't find the story, go to my profile, click the works/ fan fictions I have done and search for 'Her Angel'. You should be able to find it then.
I really hope you would review that story. For those who read it before, news flash! I rewrote that fan fiction's first chapter.
Now thank you very much all! I've got to go now! See you soon. :)