Chapter 11

The sun was golden, and brilliantly it illuminated the lands. Clouds gathered and floated lazily across the sky. In this peculiar part of a country that looked like a lone island, there was a huge mansion surrounded by a forest of trees. And it had been revealed to only few, or if not the richest of richest millionaires, that underneath the mansion was the legendary Diamond City of France. And next, who do you think exactly owned the mansion and that mythical Diamond City?

Well, that certain owner had never been happier than before in his life, for currently in his garden…

There was roses, roses everywhere! The huge garden was grown so finely, and in each bush or so, there were wild roses planted in every slot.

"Christine, hold still." Meg had called me as she held my pristine white dress in place. Then she looked at me and grinned. "You look beautiful. I'm so proud to be your friend." Tears had sprung up in her eyes, and she had hugged me.

I giggled and squeezed her back.

"Don't cry Meg. It's a joyous day."

"Precisely. I'm so happy for you I'm sweating through my eyes." Meg smiled back.

I laughed as she went on preparing my hair.

Yes, everyone. Today was the day. The happiest day of my life.

I had spent nights without sleep, days in a daze, and my mind hazy and full of thoughts. Wedding bells rang as Meg did the last curls of my hair, and let my locks drop.

"You're ready." She brought me to Father, who stood there looking at me. I yelped in surprise, for just a few weeks ago, he was still not healthy enough to stand. But look at him now! He had recovered so much, and all to a man I had owed most.

Crossing my arms with Father, he ushered me across the red carpet and past the rows of benches where people sat. When I had walked past them, there were cries of applause and claps, and wedding music played joyously at each step I took. And there in front of me, was Eric, perhaps expressing the most overjoyed look I had ever seen. We stood by, next to each other, as Father took his leave and crossed back to his seat.

Then, the church priest went on as he read from the script, and finally he had said:

" Will Eric Destler take Christine Daae as his wife forever in life, bonded by love together?"

"Yes." Eric had said, his voice clearly tingling with joy.

" And will Christine Daae take Eric Destler as her husband forever in her life, and vow never to be separated from each other?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, my eyes glittering.

"Then let them kiss as a sign of their official marriage, and let them be blessed as they now become one in soul, forever and ever."

Then Eric turned towards me, and gently he lifted the veil which covered me. I smiled at him as he cupped my face and with his hand on my waist, and brought me closer to him. Then, he moved nearer to me, and I felt his lips on mine, just as preciously soft and warm as ever. Then he pulled away, and I heard the cries and elated screams of people as their applause boomed across the whole garden.

Eric and I were now made known as Husband and Wife, both now officially married in front of witnesses.

That time of our marriage was a dear memory in my mind, and now it had been evening since the marriage. I stared at the diamond ring as I sat on my bed. Well, it wasn't exactly my bed, it was ours. I had shifted bedrooms today, and now I shared a room with Eric. Still, I sat as I thought dreamily of afternoon. The smile in Meg's face, Mdm Giry's, Father's… and dear, darling Eric. He had smiled like I had never seen before.

But the best part was that my life had taken a change. If Eric had never kidnapped me, then I would have never known him, and all the events before would never have taken place to bring me to where I was now. I had discovered hope, joy and love.

Finally things were going fine, and there was peace to be found once again.

But dear all, I just had not known.

I just did not know that this peace would be short lived, for all it took was a letter to be delivered to the house at the very next few months, and all talk of happiness and joy had been shattered and destroyed simply by the contents of the message.

It was a letter that bore these words at the end, these words that had brought in downright chaos and sadness back to my life again.

This was the name of the writer:

Yours truly,

Raoul de Chagny