Shopping with Mello

~{Y/N}'s POV~

"YELLOW MELLO!! LETS GO, THE BUS IS GOING TO BE HERE IN A FEW MINUTES AND SOMEONE PROMISED ME A TRIP TO THE MALL!!" I yelled, wandering through the halls of Wammy's House.

"I'm in my room, God. Hold on." Someone said, and I ran to Mello's room.

"Okay, just hurry the hell up!! The bus will be here soon!!" I said, and I waited outside his door.

Within seconds, Mello slammed open the door and glared at me. "You're one spoiled little brat, you know that?!"

"You promised me." I pouted, and he sighed.

"I know, I know. Let's go, then." He dismissed, and we walked out of the orphanage and towards the nearby bus stop.

C'mon, bus, I have to go to the mall... Mello and I have to go to the mall. I thought with impatience.

Within 5 minutes, the bus pulled up and Mello and I got on, paying our toll and taking our seats. "I still have no clue why you wanna go to the mall so badly, y'know..." Mello muttered.

"Because, Marshmello," I said, "I need to get some anime merchandise. Soon L is gonna leave, and I won't be able to bother him with my pranks and annoying personality, so I need something to keep me occupied when you have class."

"Can't you just bother Matt?! Or Near?!"

"No, I can't, because Near doesn't give a shit and Matt is always playing a videogame of some sort."

He sighed, and the bus pulled to a halt. It was our stop. "C'mon, let's get this over with." He said, helping me up and leading me out of the bus.

We walked hand-in-hand to the mall, where I let go and ran towards the Otaku Store. It was my favourite store in the mall, and I knew exactly where to go. Mello, however, trailed behind, confused and lost. Finally I found the store and skidded to a stop. "Here it is, Yellow Mello!"

~Mello's POV~

"Here it is, Yellow Mello!" {Y/N} said, and I rolled my eyes.

This girl, I thought, When we have gym class, she refuses to run, and yet when it comes to this stupid shit, she's fucking Sonic the Hedgehog. The fuck.

"Okay, okay let's go get what you want and get the hell out of here. I need to buy more chocolate." I said, and she smiled and led me into the store.

So cute!! I thought, and held back a blush. {Y/N} has been my best friend since I can remember. She's the only one that puts up with my violent and harsh tendencies. And I put up with her obsessions and her weird mental state.

"Oi, Yellow Mello, are you even listening to me?!" She said, destroying my train of thought.

"Huh? Um, sorry, I spaced out. What'd you say?" I asked.

"I said, 'I'm getting all of this stuff.' I'm gonna pay now. Ready to leave?"

"Uh, yeah." I mumbled. I never wanted to be there in the first place...

~Two Hours Later~

"Finally, we're home!" I said, and {Y/N} shot me a glare.

"Didn't you have fun?" She asked, with a slightly offended tone.

"Yeah, I guess. I got my chocolate. I'm happy."

"Well, I had fun." She muttered. "S-spending time with you is fun, Mello."

I smiled. She's so sweet, even when she doesn't mean to be. "If you want, let's go eat and then I'll watch 'Attack on Titan' with you." I muttered, and her face lit up.

"Thanks, Mello!!" She said, and hugged me. I blushed and hugged back. "Hey, Mello?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Thanks for always being there for me."

No, I thought, thanks to you, for putting up with all of my bullshit. Thanks for always being there for me.

And together we went back into the orphanage. That was one of the best days of that year, and quite possibly one of my life.