Home

~{Y/N}'s POV~

I looked around, curious as to where we were. There were trees, and I could hear the distant laughter of children. Somehow, it was so familiar and new at the same time, and I turned to Matt and Mello. "Are we...?" I began, but trailed off when I saw Mello look around, just as confused as I was.

"You're right by the Wammy's House Orphanage," Ryuk explained, "You just have to keep walking forward."

We're... home.

I slowly began advancing, taking hold of Mello's warm hand. The closer we got, the more my nerves got to me, and finally, we got sight of the grey building we once called him. "...home..." Mello whispered to himself, his voice cracking, and I squeezed his hand, letting him know that it was okay.

There were children running around, playing outside, and I looked back at Ryuk. "Can they see us?"

"No," he replied, "You have to touch them in order to let them see you. So if you're just here for Lawliet, then I suggest you sneak inside and cut to the chase. Remember, you've only got a little bit of time."

"We should probably go to the boys' dorm, then," Matt suggested.

I nodded in agreement as we walked into the building, nostalgia hitting us immediately. It was like almost nothing had changed; the same halls, the same paint, the same creaky old doors. We walked down to the boys' dorm, looking for a sign of Lawliet, until we heard crying coming from one of the rooms. Concerned and curious, we opened the door, seeing a boy huddled up on the bed inside.

"W-who's there?" The boy managed, and when he looked and realized that the door had opened on it's own, he sat up abruptly, pushing himself to the wall in fear. "How the fuck-?!"

"Language, mister," I said, my tone coming off as a warning.

"Hypocrite," Mello scoffed, and Matt sighed.

"You have to touch him in order for him to see and hear you, remember?" He said, and we walked over, pressing our hands to Lawliet's thigh. He jumped at the contact, and then he saw us, he yelled out.

"HOLY SHIT," he yelled, backing away and grabbing his pillow, placing it in front of him like a shield. "HOW-? WHO-?"

"Heh, your brilliant defense skills," Mello chuckled.

"Your stupid dramatics," I fired back, rolling my eyes before sitting down beside the teen. "Hey, Lawliet. Do you know who I am?"

He studied me for a minute before his eyes widened. "...Mom?"

My baby...

"Hey, kid. It's been a while, huh?" I managed, before being tackled by Lawliet. He hugged me tight, and for the first time in a very long time, I felt whole.

"Wait, if you're Mom, then..." he trailed off, looking at Mello, "Dad?"

"Hey, kid," Mello said, joining the hug. For a minute, we all sat there, just enjoying the moment, until Lawliet broke away from us and looked at Matt.

"Uncle Matt, you're here, too?" He said, amazed. "I went to your gravesite, but I never thought that-"

"I heard you, kid. I made sure they knew what you said." He replied. "Thanks for the visit."