Between Love & Deception (Chapter 1)

Chapter 1

So, an announcment- I just wanted to say, that like any other book this one will take a couple of chapters for it to get really interesting. So, if it starts off slow to you dont give up on it because I promise it will get better. :)

thanks for reading!!

            The next morning was all a blur. I was awakened by sunshine pouring through my open windows. My body turned towards the other side of the bed, to keep the sun from getting in my eyes. Then, I noticed Carter’s side of the bed as empty and cold. I leaned up from a moment, letting the thin sheet fall from my bare breasts totally exposing them.

            He must have left early.

            Finally, my gaze landed on my bed side table where the same white velvet box Carter had in his hands last night, was sitting. I hesitated for a moment for I leaned over and grabbed the box. I ran my fingers over the engraving that said Tiffany & Co. Suddenly, I got the urge to open it and take a look.  I slowly opened it, and gasped when I saw the rock propped up in the box. Then, I noticed a piece of paper that had been lying beside the box.

            Sorry for leaving so early, I had practice.

            Remember, you said you’d think about it. I thought that I would leave something to remind you.

            Love, C

            My heart started beating rapidly, as I scanned my eyes over the writing on the paper, and then my eyes converted back to the engagement ring that was lying in my hand.

            I quickly pulled the sheet over my naked body, as soon as I heard a knock on the door. “Hold on!” I yelled from my side of the room. I jumped quickly off the bed and ran to fetch my robe.

            As I ran quickly over to the door to open it, I see Beau standing there waiting on me. “Good morning baby. How did you sleep?” I giggled at his dark brown locks standing on hop of his head practically.

            It only reminded me of his father though. Beau looked exactly like Danny in almost every way, his hair, eyes, and nose. He even had the same type of jawline that Danny did. A pain of guilt ran through my body as I picked up Beau into my arms and walked towards the kitchen.

            I felt so terrible, all the time. Just because Beau would never have real father figure in his life. When everything happened all those years ago, I couldn’t bare going back and telling everyone that I was pregnant with a married guy’s baby. Of course, my mother knew. I couldn’t not tell her. Izzy also knew, but she didn’t know it was Danny’s. I couldn’t let him find out that Beau was his baby. Now, I know Danny never got married but he still didn’t come for me which meant he never really wanted me.