Between Love & Deception (Chapter 18)

Recap-

           The family that was sitting in front of me was none other than the McClain family.

            I wanted to cuss him and then run out of the house; I was that pissed but I couldn’t. I smiled politely at them, and then my gaze turned towards my father who was smiling big and looking satisfied.

            I looked over to Charlie, who was sitting beside her mother. She was looking good, but I still didn't want her. I wanted Samantha. She’s nothing up next to Sam. Her beauty and personality wasn’t even close to as amazing as Samantha’s.

            “Why don’t you sit down son, you haven’t seen the McClain family in a while. I am sure they would love to hear how you are doing.” His evil grin was just shining, and I wanted so badly so slap it right off his face but instead I found the nearest chair and sat right in it.

            I was wrong to think this was going to be a bad day. Hell, this is going to be a terrible day.

Chapter 18

Danny

            “So I am thinking that the best place to put the new practice would be right off Douglas Road. I mean it’s a block from the downtown area, tourists will be glad to know that there is a doctor’s office right off the beach in case of emergency’s”

            I sat there with my feet propped up on the table, listening to Mr. McClain ramble on and on about their new project; though, I wasn’t interested. I was somewhere else in my mind, somewhere with Samantha and Beau.

            They are such a beautiful family that it’s crazy and the way Beau held onto my hand yesterday like I was his father made chills rise up throughout my body.

            I thought back to Samantha boogie boarding last night and boy was she amazing. She was terrible at it, but she didn't stop trying until she got it.

            A smiled formed across my face as I thought about them both. They were such a perfect family; we could be the perfect family. Only if she would let me in though, which I don’t see happening soon. Plus, Carter probably wouldn’t be happy about me trying to father his child.

            I sighed loudly, and then zoned back to my father and the McClain’s still talking but I was lost from what they were talking about.

            “I think we should as Danny what he thinks.” I looked up to see Charlie talking about me, she was smiling big and her eyes were glowing. I studied her for a minute; she is beautiful but not even close to Samantha.