Between Love & Deception (Chapter 20)

Recap-

            He laughed, “Well man, I feel your pain but dude we are closing up so last chance for a cab.”

            I looked down at my watch and realized that it was almost one o’clock. Fuck! Where did the time go? “I will walk.” I stood from the chair, and suddenly everything got dizzier.

            Before I made it towards the door, the bartender called out to me. “Hey, if you still love her then what’s holding you back? Tell her. What’s the worst that could happen, it’s not like you’ll lose her again since you don’t technically have her anymore.”

            I stood there for a long moment, swaying back and forth. I never had her at all. But he was right, I needed to tell her. I need to tell her now.

Chapter 20

            The night sky was bright and everything seemed so quiet.  As I sat on the front porch trying to put an ending to my second novel, I was thinking about everything but that. I couldn’t seem to stretch my mind far enough away from Danny or Tanner or that fact.

            All thoughts about Danny weren’t bad, but on the other hand thinking of Tanner is just a nuisance. I couldn’t get the words that he said out of my mind, it was like he knew all of my deepest secrets; but how?

         She was only a stand in for the one I did love. The sentence ran through my mind over and over but I couldn’t seem to put good reason behind the words. How could Tanner have been in love with me all those years ago? He was like my brother, you know, the kind of brother that would do anything for you in any situation.

            You know that feeling, when you feel like something bad is going to happen and you can’t seem to get it out of your mind? Well, that is how I am feeling right now. His name lingers in the back of my mind even when I am smiling or laughing. It’s like a fly in your car that never goes away.

            Danny was the only thing that could get my mind off the whole situation though. It’s kind of funny though, he is threatening me because I am keeping a huge secret from Danny. I knew coming home would be terrible.

            Now, I am off on some crazy idea to tell Danny. Plus, I have some crazy thought that he might sweep me off my feet and we will live happily ever after. Crazy, huh?

            He just looked so sexy tonight, but he had a date. A real date with another woman, which only hurt my heart even more. It never really bothered me seeing him sleep around with other girls, but what happens when he actually falls for one of them. There will be no way for us to be together then.