Between Love & Deception (Chapter 10)

Recap-

             As I laughed a little bit harder, I realized that Carter was such a little boy. “Dude, we don’t need you to tell us how to raise our child.”

            With his smartass comments, someone would put him in his place one day but it wouldn’t be me. His comment made me angry but I wouldn’t let it show. I knew exactly what he was doing; making reference that he had ended up with Samantha in the end.

            I replaced the anger with a calm smile though, “Man, calm down. Do what you want. Better yours than mine.” As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I for some reason felt bad about saying them.

            Samantha quickly turned away from us both, which was odd. Why didn't she want me to see her face? I took a step forward, wanting to turn her back towards me but something stopped me.

            That something being, Samantha and I were in the past. I was something different now, and I wasn’t changing for anybody. Luckily, the only ties we have are Izzy and the wedding. After that, I am home free. I wouldn’t ever have to worry about her again.

            I only had to make it through 3 weeks of this hell.

Chapter 10

 Day 1

            The day was beautiful, and it was the first day since Beau had gotten out of school that I was free of a four year old. Mom had decided she wanted to babysit Beau for the day, and let me visit around some of the places that I hadn’t seen in forever. I wasn’t sure of what I wanted to do first, but hell it was my old home town. I am sure I can find something to get into.

            I had finally gotten done dressing, and I had chosen my favorite pair of blue jean shorts and white razor back shirt. Summer was finally here, and I had to say that I am excited. Last night at Izzy’s hadn’t gone as bad as I thought it would. With Danny and everything.

            For some odd reason, Danny’s must not have seen the resemblance between him and Beau. Or maybe he didn't want to. It was very well there, but maybe if he ignored the fact he wouldn’t have to believe it.

            This is totally okay. Beau doesn’t need him.

            All Danny has become over the years is a man-whore. And, well a doctor. A man-whore doctor, that doesn’t have any consideration for others. I mean, who takes a girl into a guest room, and screws her while the rest of the people are down stairs trying to have a clean party?

            A man-whore, that’s who.