Chapter 42

Jase's p.o.v.

I climb out of Dani's bed. I pull my clothes on and start looking for her. I go to Brody's room and wake him up. As he rubs his eyes, I'm throwing clothes at him.

"What's wrong?" He says sounding thirteen.

"Dani is not here and she's not answering her phone."

"I'm sure she's fine." He says as he starts laying down.

"I don't care if she is fine. I want to know where she is and what she is doing now. After last night I want to make sure she is still okay. So get your ass out of bed while I call Will and find out where she is."

I slam his door behind me. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? No. She's carrying my kid. Whether I'm ready for a kid or not, she's not taking that choice away from me.

I run back down the stairs to see what car she drove. Her Cadillac is still sitting in the garage. I look in the drive way and see the rest of our vehicles. Her mountaineer is missing.

I call Will up and have him start tracing the s.u.v. I sit at the counter. I have half an hour until Will calls me back. I start tapping my fingers against the counter.

I go over to the coffee maker and start making a cup. Brody finally comes down stairs. He basically throws himself on top of the barstool.

"So where do you think she is?" I ask.

"I dunno."

"Well she was really upset about being pregnant, do you think she would have an abortion?"

"No, I don't think so." Brody says looking at me suddenly a little concerned. My phone finally rings. Brody stares at me eager for information.

"Hello, Will?" I say answering the phone. I listen to him tell me where Dani's mountaineer is. He's going to meet us there. I grab my keys to the truck and Brody follows after me.

I get in my truck as Brody hops in. I feel myself relax a little. She's just visiting her mom. She's safe and didn't do anything crazy.

"Where is she?" Brody asks as I pull out of the drive way. I smile at him and he starts to relax.

"She's at the cemetery, she didn't run." I say as I think of how she flees when she gets upset. Maybe she's not upset and just shocked over being pregnant. That makes sense. We had time to think about it. My girl is okay.

"Let's go see if she wants to get lunch and we can talk it all out with her again. I'm sure now that she had a couple hours to think by herself that she will be ready to talk." I say to Brody hoping that her thoughts have calmed down and she can be excited about starting a family.

We pull into the parking lot. I see Will on the phone as I park. I get out of my truck and see that he's by himself. I decide to walk over to her mother's grave. It takes us awhile.

We finally get to her resting space under a willow tree and Dani's not here. I look at Brody and he's just as confused. I look back down where the flowers lay by the stone. Brody starts calling out for her.

I start heading back to the truck. As Will comes into focus the parking lot fills with police lights and sirens. My heart beat starts beating wildly as I run to Will.