Chapter 11. Hotel California

I woke up feeling better. I opened my eyes to Dani singing in the shower. I get up and throw my jeans back on. I run my hands thru my hair. Pull on a clean t-shirt. I put my sneakers on and put the rest of my stuff in my bag.

Dani comes out smiling. She puts her stuff away too and sits down. I grab our bags and we go check out. Im glad to be leaving. We climb into her mountaineer and we're off.

"Blake...alot happened that I didn't tell you about because I didn't know how to talk about it and you had your own problems. "

"Alright, tell me now. " I tell her getting ready for it all.

"My mom got sick and died before thanksgiving. I took off to see my father. We got into a fight and when I tried walking to the airport I got picked up by some college guys. They took me to a party. I got drunk, before Chase and Alex could pick me up. I went to find a bathroom and I went to ask a girl where the bathroom is. She pushed me down the stairs. I fell down and broke bones. I guess it was bad. They put me in a coma and almost a month later they did surgery on me. When they woke me up I didn't remember the past two years. I remember you because I see you every summer but I didn't remember anyone else. "

"Dani. ..I can't believe you kept all this from me."

"There's more. I was dating my step brothers until I told my father about it. I guess they broke it off and I took off because I didn't want to be around them. Im not positive about all the details. Just what I was told. But thats why my father won't talk to me."

"Wow that's something. " I didn't even know what to say. "Do you remember anything? "

"Yeah a little. I remember my friend Brody and Jase alittle. Im still working on getting my memories back."

I sat back and was at a loss. I had no idea that she was going thru anything. She seems so happy every time I talk to her. Even now she looks like she has stopped thinking and is just back to singing to the radio.

"How do you cope with it all?"

"Uhh..I kinda don't. Most is memories I don't have any more. I kind of act like my mom is on vacation and nobody brings up my father. I call Will dad. My step brothers are in Florida until thanksgiving. Chase acted weird before he left. He kind of kissed me. He asked me to call him to talk or if I start remembering. He texts me good morning or sends me a picture during the day. Alex gave me a hug and told me that he's a short flight away if I need anything even if its someone to make me soup. Nicky is going in first grade now. I will see him alot. I haven't been by my moms grave. Brody says we will work on it. My therapist says I'm repressing my memories because I dont want to make my mom's death real. No body wants to talk about it. This is the most I have talked about any of this. The pills are because I had a hard time sleeping or coping. Im not an addict. "

She kinda just stops talking after spilling all that at once. We have been on the road a couple hours now. I know there's more. She's already told me so much. I lean back in the seat. Her phone rings. She pulls it out of her bag and puts it on speaker.

"Hey babe. "

"Oh hi Jase"

"Where are you? Brody says your out with a friend. "

"I am. Im on my way home now."

"Oh ok. I just want to make sure your safe. When will you be home?"

"Umm im not sure. Im just leaving the Texas state line."

"Your joking right. Brody didn't just let you leave L.A.. .."

"Im not alone. I have my friend Blake with me. Say hi and be nice."

"Hey Blake, I will meet you later. Just watch her. Maybe you should drive. She's kind of clumsy."

"Yeah. .I will watch over her" I said. I looked over to her and she rolls her eyes.

"Dani, I text you last night.. I tried finding you in the house last night. Did you know there was a party last night? The house is trashed and the cops showed up. Your going to have to get Brody under control. " Jase says sounding frustrated.

"Ok I will take care of it when I get home. I should be back tonight. "

"Ok.. be safe and text me if you need me."

"Bye Jase"

She ends the call. She sees a McDonald's and pulls off the highway. Pulls in the parking lot. I get out and follow her in. She runs over to the bathroom and I wait at a table for her. She comes back out.

"Ready to eat? Im starved."

"Yeah. . I could go for a big mac." I tell her. She nods and gets in line. I follow her and we place our order. We sit down at a table and start eating.

"Soo...Jase?" I ask.

"Yeah. .?"

"You didn't really say anything about him."

"Yeah. ..I don't know what to say. He is Brody's twin brother. He chose to play football here to be close to me. At least that's what Brody says. They are still twins so I don't think they would want to be to far apart anyways. From what Brody says Jase and I were serious. Like we had talked weddings and our future, we had only  been being together for three months. . I just have no memory of it. He tends to know where I am all the time though and I do feel sad if he's not around. Its just really confusing. It's like he's waiting for me to suddenly snap out of it and I don't know if I will ever remember. "

"Wow...I think this is the most I have ever heard you talk. .. you did it all in a couple hours too. " I tell her and laugh as she throws fries at me.