Chapter 33. My Birthday

A month later

"Bae...Bae..wake up.." Brody whispers in my ear.

"Hmm.." I try to snuggle into my pillow.  Im too sleepy.  I try to block out the noise.

"Babe..come on wake up!!" Brody whines.

"Okay. ......" I mumble.

"I made you food. Breakfast. .yummy!" Brody says. I get a whiff of eggs. The smell doesn't sit right. My hand slaps to my mouth and I rush to the bathroom losing last nights dinner.

"Oh no babe. I will get rid of it. I thought you might be hungry. "

"It's fine Brody.  I just don't feel good."

"I will bring you up some water. Do you want to go to the doctors? "

"No Brody, it's just a bug. It will go away. "

"Happy birthday bae!!!" He says as he leaves the room.  I rest my head against the toilet seat as my stomach settles.

"Hey, I heard your sick?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah.  I probably got food poison from that shady Mexican restaurant. "

"That was taco bell!!!" Natalie says laughing.

"Yeah yeah what ever. My tacos looked shady."

"So what are we doing for your birthday? " Natalie asks.

"I don't know.  Im seventeen! ! Whoop whoop! !" I say standing up.

"Let's get krunked! !!!" Natalie screams. I follow her out of my bedroom and downstairs. 

I look out the back door at the pool. 'Last party before school starts? I wonder if its too last minute?' I take the bottle of water from Brody.  He picks me up and sits me on his lap. I can't help but cuddle into his arms.

"Feeling better? "

"Yeah. .." I say pressing my face into his chest.

"They say it's your birthday,  so happy birthday to ya!!" Tyler comes into the kitchen singing. I start laughing at him.

"So what are we doing tonight? " Tyler asks.

"Well I thought pool party?" I ask looking around.

"Umm.. I wanted to bring you to dinner? " Brody says unsure.

"Party after dinner?" I ask looking up at him.

"Okay. " Brody says as he licks my forehead.

"Why did you just lick me?" I ask as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Dunno. .. where's Blake? "

"Im not sure.  He started working at an Irish bar down town. I think he's crushing for the girl that works there. Megan.. I think? " Tyler says.

"Oh wow.. he doesn't really tell me anything anymore.  Should I feel sad, because I kinda do." I say trying to figure out my feelings. 

"Yeah.  Kinda." Tyler says thinking about what I could be upset about.

"How long has he been working?" I ask.

"A little over a month.  He got the job a couple days after you guys came back from New York. "

"Im happy he found a job. I just feel like I'm left out or maybe I haven't paid attention to him?" I say thinking that we really haven't talked much.

"Well you have been busy.  You have been working alot and spending alot of time with Nicky. So it wasn't intentional. " Brody says.

"What else have I missed?" I ask.

"You have two weeks until Jase's first game." Tyler says.

"Actually Jase has practice today if you want to go watch? " Brody says leaning back.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah.  I will send out a group text and let everyone know." Brody says while drinking his red bull.

"Do you think he's mad at me? I haven't really talked to him in awhile?"

" No. .. we have all been busy. He asked about you last time I hung out with him. They have been training him hard since he's going to be starting." Brody answers.

"Well I'm going to shower then." I stand up and sway a little.  I feel a little dizzy. My stomach starts to hurt again.

"Are you okay Dani? " Tyler asks as I try to walk to the stairs. I just shake my head as I cover my mouth again. He picks me up and rushes me to the bathroom.

"Thank you..." I mumble out as I lift the toilet seat. He sits on the tub and rubs my back as I sit in front of it.

"Its okay.  What's going on? Your getting sick like you got hammered last night."

"I don't know. This is like the second time today I'm  puking my guts out." I say and start wondering if I'm really sick.

"Don't plan on drinking tonight then. It will make your stomach worse."

"Yeah. . Your probably right. "

"Well get in the shower.  I will get you some ginger ale." Tyler says leaving the bathroom.

♡☆♡☆♡ Tyler's pov ♡☆♡☆

I brought her ginger ale upstairs and then go find Brody.  I find him sitting on his bed playing on his phone. 

"Hey Brody. ..Dani is getting sick again. "

"I wonder what's wrong with her?" He says getting up.

"She might be pregnant. .." I say and watch his mouth drop.

"Did she say that?"

"No. She thinks its food poisoning or a cold. But its the end of August,  so kinda early for a cold. "

♡☆♡☆ Dani's pov ♡☆♡☆

I got all ready and went downstairs to see Brody,  Tyler, and Natalie waiting for me. They smile at me and we all leave the house climbing into Brody's hummer.

We get to campus and head to the stadium.  Im excited to see Jase. I've missed him. I can't believe so much time has passed. I grab my Gatorade and follow them to the bleachers.  After we sit down.  Brody says that he will be back.

♡☆♡☆ Brody's pov. ♡☆♡☆

I left to find Jase. I was freaking out a little.  I wasn't sure if he was going to get mad. But I had to talk to him. I found him in the locker room.  He saw me and walked over to me.

"We need to talk and you can't get upset." I tell him. I see his roommate watching us.

"Okay.  Let's go out in the hallway. " Jase says and I follow him back out.

"So what's going on?" Jase asks.

"Im going to... oh god...don't kill me." I say watching his face.

"I won't. "

"I'm giving Dani.. Grandma's ring tonight." I say watching the color leave his face. 

"Fuck you. How could you?  Do you not know how hard this has been? "

"You need to be okay with this. Jase she's out there. She's going to want to see you."

"I don't even know what to say right now. I'm so... I just want to hurt you." Jase screams at me. I feel fucking guilty for hurting him.