Tonight Alive- What Are You So Scared Of? Deluxe Album Review

Tonight Alive have managed to capture the hearts of many all over the world with this stand out album of 2012! Full of energy and catchy riffs this album should be on the iPod of just about every pop punk loving teenager out there.

Touring with Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens and performing on Warped Tour has shaped their 2012 but could there be a new album from Tonight Alive in 2013? The possibility of a new album both interreges and excites most people but their 2012 catalogue will never be forgotten, as its popularity made the Australian band shine brighter than most at Warped Tour 2012, so much so that they have been asked to play Warped Tour again in 2013.

The content of the record shows Tonight Alive’s ability to capture people’s attention. Jenna’s song writing is by far on top of its game as the lyrical aspect stands out due to her unique singing voice. Sceptical first time listeners should check out What Are You So Scared Of?, Thank You And Goodnight and Listening before put this album down and forgetting about it. Thank You And Goodnight, a collaboration between Tonight Alive and Mark Hoppus, mixes their original sound with a bit of Blink 182 to concoct a punchy, humorous song, that you can’t get enough of. Then the mood is suddenly serious when Amelia plays straight after Thank You And Goodnight, an emotion packed single with real heart and feeling.       

Song by song, the album progresses into an easy going, listen to every song type of record that you just hit play and let it run from start to finish because there aren’t any terrible songs to disagree with. The four acoustic songs accent the arrangement well, as a mellow ending provides the diversity needed to really sell this record. This is by far one of the best pop punk albums of 2012 and well worth your money!