The Rioting In England 2011

Rioting In England

The rioting in England has sent the entire UK into a frenzy. Youths, as young as 14, have descended on some of the most well known cities to loot stores and cause mayhem by burning cars and stealing from the wounded. London and Birmingham being some of the cities effected and this is not something a country holding the next Olympics wants to deal with.

It all started when a man of 26 years of age, was shot in his car, which lead to peaceful protest erupting into a memorable riot. A 16-year-old girl was hit by a police officer and a young teenage boy robbed in broad daylight, when he was clearly dazed.

Rocks, bricks and arsenic became some of the most popular weapons used by rioters to destroy their own homes. Some youths even posted photos of their stolen items on Facebook and other well known social networking sites.

One old factory had been through two World Wars but was, unfortunately, burnt down but the rioter leaving the owners devastated. Other old and historic buildings have been destroyed including an old, independent record label, music studio that made the dreams of many unknown artists come true.

The riot has affected everyone with over 2,600 arrests since last Saturday night. There were 20,800 emergency calls last Monday night; normal’s numbers are 5,400 making it a 400% increase.

Adidas have had a reduction in sales due to rioters wearing a lot of their street clothes. The brand being popular in England was seen often in news footage giving the label a bad name.

This riot started as a friendly protest and became a disastrous fight leaving a lot of people to pick up the pieces of their shattered life and try to restore any businesses they owned. The recession was hard before but now for the broken family’s that were affected will have to face more cut backs to pay for any damage done to their house or business.