Top Ten- May 2012

My Songs of the Month

It’s official! My list of top ten singles that have been the soundtrack of April 2012 is here and bursting with fresh and legendary musicians. New or old they are all here in one list.

Top 10

1. Saviour by Black Veil Brides

Beautifully played acoustic riffs with clear, sincere vocals. That’s the foundation of this song but throw in some heartbreaking lyrics and a screamo punch at the end and you have the full package!

2. Whatsername by Green Day

Sad and loud, Green Day have really outdone themselves with this treasure. It should be illegal not to play this at a party.

3. Tonight The World Dies by Avenged Sevenfold

They’ve made it two weeks in my charts and with this loud, in-your-face chorus they deserve to be here for a second week.

4. Spin by Cherri Bomb

All girl metal at its finest. Not only did they get signed when their average age was 13 but they’ve opened for Foo Fighters, played Sonisphere and their manager drummed for Motley Crue. Not bad for a band of girls.

5. You Stupid Girl by Framing Hanley

Framing Hanley had so much potential that when they met with a record company to show off their talent, the men in suiteshastily wrote up a contract on a napkin from the diner they sat in to secure these Nashville musicians. Now that doesn’t persuade you to listen to them, I don’t know what will.

6. Summertime by My Chemical Romance

Earnest and sort of romantic, this slow song could be the soundtrack to any summer, if the name doesn’t give it away.

7. A Call To Arms by 30 Seconds To Mars

30 Seconds To Mars never disappoint and they haven’t with this track, which was made to be performed in front of thousands. A real crowd pleaser!

8. All I Want by A Day To Remember

A star-studded music video with a relevant meaning. The Florida rockers have a talent for writing songs people can relate to.

9. Decoy by Paramore

Clearly any song by Paramore is going to be good but this under rated beauty has earned its time to shine.

10. Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

A classic in its own right, with one of the most famous riffs in history, Jack White has achieved legendary status due to this anthem.