Chapter 23 - Leaving Home

A/N:
Pic: Hannah

"Happy Reading! ;-)"

-Three weeks later-

-Ruth-

"Babe I wish you wouldn't go." Austin whispered to me as he fondled with my hair.

I laid my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Biting my lip, I hugged him tighter.

Finally I lifted my head and stared into his eyes before kissing him passionately, closing my eyes.

"I'll see you in a month." I murmured and he nodded, giving me one last kiss and a hug before I picked up my suitcase.

"Have fun sweetie." Mom smiled as I gave her a tight hug.

"I will Mom."

Abby followed me as I walked into the airport gate. I looked back one more time at Austin and blew him a kiss, whereas he did the same.

He disappeared out of view and I sighed.

"You alright?" Abby asked and I smiled, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"Yes. Now come on, we don't wanna miss our flight."

----------------------------------------------

"We're lucky Dad bought us a non stop flight." I mused as I stared out the window.

"What?" Abby asked, taking her one earphone out of her ear.

"Nothing." I answered and she shrugged, handing me the earphone. "Here, listen to this song."

"Wow I love this song." I answered as listened.

She smiled and turned off her music.

"Aren't you kinda nervous about seeing Dad?" She asked, her forehead creased with worry.

"To be honest, yes, but it'll be fine. I'll just try not to remember what he did." I answered, looking out the tiny window beside my seat, watching the clouds float by.

"Well, I'm dying to see my friends already. I can just imagine the fun we are gonna have. What if we'll want to lengthen the stay?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I think one month will be enough. Plus Dad said it was a little longer then a month." I informed her and she nodded slowly.

"Why don't we do this more often? You know, talk to each other." Abby hesitantly said and I turned to her.

"I guess sisters don't always get along. But we should do it more often."

"So how is Hannah doing?" She questioned, popping a gum into her mouth.

"She seems better. Not totally but I can see she's moving on. Oh my gosh, that reminds me, Drew and Hannah have a thing for each other. Isn't that so sweet?" I smiled at the thought of how Drew told me, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Wow, that is!" Abby answered and I gave her a warning look. "But don't tell anyone I told you that."

She nodded and smiled before putting her music on again.

I turned my attention to my phone and did the same, staring out the window. My mind flashed back to the last day of school. Slowly we students had counted down the seconds, when the bell rang, we cheered as loud as possible. It had indeed been a fun day.

It was pretty funny, I hadn't needed to go to school long. I later found out that when I moved here, the school had a 2 week break, so the others had all gone to school for a few months already.