Chapter 22

By 2:00pm all of Sophie's friends had arrived and were on the bouncy castle that Maura and Frankie had secretly organised for them. Frankie, Frost and Tommy were all sitting on a red and white checkered picnic blanket with Bethany and Tj sitting in the middle of them playing with a wooden blocks and assorted cuddly animals.

"So, Tommy. Angela tells me your doing really good now. Did you get a job?" Frost asked.

"Yeah. I am working as an IT manger at a high school down the road. I got round and sort all the electrical problems out. I'm not enjoying it much but it's good pay and it's a start right? I just want to bring some money into the house so Tj can have everything he needs."

"I'm proud of you little bro, you've made a real turn around. Your a great dad." Frankie smiled at his younger brother. For the first time in Tommy's life he felt like he was needed. He had a goal- supporting his son. He had been sober for half a year and been dedicated to sorting his life out.

"You too, I mean you have two kids. I mean that's like double." Tommy looked at his niece who was biting on a red wooden block. She was currently teething and would bite on anything she could get her hands on.

"Not on that baby girl." Frankie gently pulled the block out of her grasp. Instead she grabbed Frankie's finger and put it on her mouth. "I'll go get you a teething ring then. Can you guys watch her for a sec?" He got up.

"Yeah of course mate." Frost replied. Frost loved just sitting with Bethany and talking to her. 'She's an excellent listener' he had told them all one day they had all gone to the farm.

A few moments later Frankie walked back outside with a few yoghurts for both the children and a teething ring for his daughter.

"Here you go." He handed his daughter the ring and sat down cross legged on the blanket. Maura walked out the kitchen and sat on the blanket next to Frankie.

"You alright babe?" Maura asked kissing him quickly.

"Yeah, you?" He put his arm around her waist.

"I'm good, your mother on the other hand- not so much." Maura grinned. Frankie smirked and picked Bethany up and sat her in his lap. He wrapped his other arm around Maura and she lent her head on it.

"Is someone getting sleepy?" Frankie kissed Beth's forehead before she slowly started to close her eyes. "Alrighty then. Are you guys staying for dinner?"

"Yeah, if we're allowed." Frost spoke for both of them.

"Of course your allowed!" Maura smiled at the two men. "What you doing Tj?" She laughed at the soon to be one year old. He was laying with his legs in the air and he kept throwing the blocks at his feet. He smiled up at Maura and threw a block at Frost by accident.

"Woah buddy!" Frost caught the block. "He's got a good aim though!"