Chapter 9

Later that day Sean arrived with even more baby/child bits and bobs including a very nice pram. Then all the adults decided to go for a walk, Jane didn't want to but decided as she had somehow ended up as'auntie Janie' she had to set a good example. Because it was late autumn it was starting to get cold so they all had winter coats on- Sophie was wearing one of Janes old coats which looked really cute on her.

"Oh you look great!" Jane grinned at Sophie. "It's almost looks as good as you as it did on me!" Everyone laughed at Janes comment.

"Ready to go?" Frankie asked Sophie whilst he quickly finished packing the baby bag. He then slung it over his shoulder.

"You really suit that bag baby bro!" Jane laughed whilst walking out the door.

"Shut up!" Frankie smiled as he ushered everyone out the door. Angela who had been holding Bethany gently laid her down in her pram which Frankie immediately took hold of. During the walk Jane got a phone call from Korsak. He had gotten a call from the maternal grandparents and he had agreed to meet them along with Frost at a local cafe to talk about it.

When they got there Korsak and Frost were already sitting at a big wooden table in its own little area of the cafe.

"Hey korsak!" Sophie waved at the older man.

"Hey kiddo! Have Maura and Frankie been looking after you?"

"Yeah. We're like a unit. We are all smi... Sil... Slim..." She began to get frustrated as she couldn't say the word.

"Similar?" Jane took a guess at what the child was trying to say at she sat down in a comfy chair.

"That's the one! Thanks auntie Janie!"  She replied handing her coat to Frankie. She climbed up onto the chair next to Maura.

"Tommy is on his way, from a job interview." All the adults seemed shocked.

"Is Tommy your brother?" She looked at Jane the to Frankie then back to Jane.

"Yep!" Jane answered.

After they had lunch and found out that the maternal grandparents were not going to take the girls in, they were strong catholics and wouldn't look after a child let alone two that were born out of wedlock, Frankie and Maura asked if they could take girls for a walk a separate way home to see what Sophie thought about the potential 'adoption': though they didn't tell anyone that was the reason why they wanted to walk as just the four of them. Everyone else went back to Maura's for coffee to talk to Tommy about his interview.