Chapter 25

"So what did you want to talk to us about?" Frankie pushed his daughters stroller through the park.

"I'm in love." He sighed.

"I know you told me."

"I was telling Maura!" He turned to where he thought Maura was and was surprised when she wasn't there. He looked back and she was crouched down doing up Sophie's lace. Frankie laughed and stopped too.

"With Jane." Frost whispered.

"My Jane?" Frankie asked shocked.

"She's not your Jane, she's my Jane. You have your Maura. I know it's wrong but it's no more wrong than you and Maura and you guys are right."

"What?" Frankie frowned.

"Sorry bro." Frost shrugged sadly.

"Why? I'm not mad at you if anything I'm happy. Relieved almost. Just none of what you just said made sense."

"What didn't make sense?" Maura intertwined her hand with Frankie's .

"Nothing. Frosts in love." Frankie looked at Maura. Maura gasped and hugged frost.

"That's great." Maura squealed loudly.

"No it's not Maura. I'm in love with Jane." He threw his arms in the air. "She is my friend, I work with her. It's not okay."

"That's literally the same thing that happened with me and Frankie." She looked at Frankie for help.

"The difference is that Frankie liked you back, and you liked him back." Frost put his head in his hands.

"Gosh, now I know how everyone else felt when we didn't admit we loved each other. It's so obvious." Frankie whispered in her ear.

"I know." Maura kissed his cheek and started pushing the stroller.

"What am I going too do?" Frost said to no one in particular. Maura stopped pushing Beth and sat down on one of the benches opposite the park that Sophie was playing in. Frankie sat next to her and pulled her into him and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Frost, I'm telling you that the best thing you can do is tell her. She'll be awkward around you at first and then she'll open up and tell you how she feels." Frankie said.

"But she doesn't love me." Frost sighed.

"You know a few years back I told you I was in love with Maura and you told me that she loved me back. You told me it was the most obvious thing in the world that Maura had feelings for me and I had them for her and I told you it wasn't true. You also said everyone else could see it but we couldn't."

"Yeah."

"It's the exact same thing here. That was three years ago. If I had listened to you when you told me that we would probably be married by now. I wasted so much time hiding my feelings for Maura. I wouldn't go back and change it because if I did we might not have adopted the girls. I want you too tell her. Everyone does. You both deserve it. But at the end of the day it's your choice." Frankie told him. "I put my feelings out there and now look what I've got. I've got my Maura, two beautiful kids and we're trying for another and we..." Frankie looked up as he realised his mistake.

"You're trying for a baby? Really?"

"Yes." Maura confirmed and looked at Frankie.

"Sorry." Frankie looked down at his shoes.

"It doesn't matter, can you please not tell anyone though?" Maura looked at Frost.

"Especially Ma, we love her but if she found out..."

"No, it's fine guys. Uncle Frosty is not gonna tell a soul. I'm gonna be all excited by myself." He laughed.

"You can be all excited with me!" Frankie smiled and kissed Maura.