Chapter 6

"Angela?" Asked Sean. "You okay?"

"What?" She answered with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry..." Maura trailed off looking at the older woman.

"Why?" Angela flung herself at the pair. "Why are you sorry?"

"I thought you were going to be angry with me for dating Frankie."

"Oh, Maura. I'm happy..." Angela stepped back and placed her hand on Maura's shoulder. "...one of my babies has finally picked a brilliant partner. Now I might get to help plan a wedding and be a grandma again!"

Maura smiled and hugged Angela.

"Thank you." Maura whispered.

"No, thank you" Angela pulled back and winked at Maura. "Right, to celebrate, I am making us all dinner, I know it's late and we can do something proper tomorrow but we're all hungry. Sean, can you come help me bring some bits through please?"

"Of course." The older man smiled and followed Angela out Maura's house. Frankie took their absence too his advantage and pulled Maura into a kiss. She responded back immediately and they stood like that for a minute or so, just taking in the love that they had for each other.

They were pulled out the of there trance by Bethany sneezing. Frankie gently picked her up and wiped her nose and mouth with his shirtsleeve. "Bless you, sweetie" He slowly rocked the small child in his arms.

"Your gonna be a great dad one day, Frankie." Maura smiled at him.

"Hopefully to your baby." Frankie winked at her. He was hoping he hadn't over stepped the boundaries of the new relationship but, he new what he wanted in life. He wanted to buy a house, he wanted a wife and he wanted a family. A big one with a woman which he truly loved. And that woman was definitely Maura.

"Too our baby." She lent her head on his shoulder. Frankie was sure that in that moment- his smile had never been bigger.

"Anyway, Honey..." Frankie began but was cut of as Angela reentered Maura's house.

"Sean has had to go home - I don't know why, I wasn't listening." Angela grinned at the couple who were looking at the sleeping children. Maura kissed Frankie on the check and went to help his mother make dinner.

"Maura baby, where are the kids gonna sleep?" Frankie asked walking up behind Maura and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Guest room. You can sleep in my bed with me or on the sofa or you might want to go home..." Maura frowned and sighed whilst stirring a sauce pan of pasta.

"Hey, of course I'm gonna stay with you sweetheart." He replied kissing her neck he turned his head to find his mother smirking at him. "What?"

"You guys are cute." Angela walked over to the couch and gently woke Sophie.

"Hi, Ms Rizzoli." Sophie squinted due to the bright lighting of Maura's living room.

"Call me Angela. Are you hungry Sophie? We made pasta if you would like some?"

"Can I have a little bit please?"

"Of course you can!" Angela smiled warmly at the child and held out her hand. Sophie took it and followed Angela into the kitchen where Maura was serving up the now completed and extremely delicious looking pasta.

"Frankie!" The young girl walked up too him and held her arms up in the air. Frankie picked Sophie up and kissed her on the forehead.

"How'd ya sleep?" He asked placing her on his hip.

"Mmmmm.... Good!" She wrapped her arms around his neck. "What's all that?" She asked pointing at the mound of clothes Angela had earlier bought in.

"Those are all Frankie's sisters clothes from when she was little." Maura smiled at Sophie.

"That's a lot of clothes!" She laughed.   "Frankie, where's mommy at?" The child's grin faded once she saw the three adults faces fall into upset worry.