Chapter 26

6 months later

Frost, Jane, Korsak and Sean had all gone abroad for a case two weeks ago and Angela, Maura, Frankie, Sophie and Beth were all sat in the airport waiting for them. Frankie had decided to stay at home three days before they were due leave. They had found out that Maura was expecting and Frankie hadn't wanted leave his newly pregnant girlfriend. She was eleven weeks along and had crazy pregnancy symptoms. They didn't make her cranky but made her really upset and they seemed to change how hot and cold she was every 10 minutes or so. So there she was sitting in the really cold airport in a vest top and shorts.

"It's so hot." Maura panted.

"Maura it's freezing. Are you sure your not ill?" Angela asked concerned.

"She's fine Ma."

"I wasn't asking you."

"Sorry."

"I'm fine Angela." Maura sighed.

"AUNTIE JANIE!" Sophie ran at her aunt as soon as she stepped into view.

"Hey Sophs! How you doing?"

"I'm good!"

Maura walked over to the group. Frost could see she was pregnant straight away but it was only because he knew they were trying. Anyone else would have thought she'd gained a bit of weight. He gently hugged her.

"How far along?" He whispered in her ear.

"Eleven weeks." She smiled.

"I'm so excited!"

"Me too." She pulled away. "Oh my gosh it's so cold." She said as Jane pulled her into a hug. Frankie pulled his jumper off and handed it to Maura.

"Thank you!" She shivered and folded her arms across her chest. "I hate it Frankie!" She started to cry.

"Aww, babe." Frankie pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey, it's okay." He rubbed her back. Everyone except from Sophie, Beth and Frost were looking at Maura with concerned looks. Frost took his coat off and draped it over Maura's shoulders.

"Thanks Frost." She cried into Frankie.

"It's okay doc." He patted her shoulder.

"Right, back to ours then." Frankie hugged Maura closer too his chest. All the adults looked at Frankie.

"If Maura's ill th..." Korsak was cut off.

"She's not ill as soon as we get her home she will be fine." Frankie looked at Sophie. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Sophie said through mouthful of chocolate.

"Who gave you that?"

"Auntie Janie." She mumbled.

"Thanks for telling them kiddo."

"Okay." She followed everyone toward the exit.

"Right. Go. Sit." Frankie pointed to the couch looking at Maura. She huffed and flopped down on the couch. She took off Frankie's jumper and threw it across the room and began sweating.

"I HATE THIS BABY FRANKIE." She screamed. Luckily the only people in the house already knew about the baby. Frost sat next to her.

"Can I get you anything Maura?"

"A baby that doesn't hate me." She looked at him.

"The baby doesn't hate you Maura." Frankie said walking towards her and sitting on the arm of the couch. She put her head in his lap and he stroked her hair. "I'm proud of you babe."

"Why?" She looked up at him confused.

"I just am. For everything."

"Dada." Bethany crawled over too the three adults.

"Hey Beth." Frankie sighed. Frankie was so pleased they were having another child, he was so excited and then every time he looked at Maura he felt awful. He looked at her and thought it was his all his fault she felt so terrible. It was really upsetting her and she just couldn't be comfortable she was either too hot or too cold. The kids were being great though Sophie was excited that she was going to have another little brother or sister and they had tried to explain the Beth what was happening. She had seemed to grasp the fact there was a baby inside of Maura and every time someone would say baby she would put her hand on Maura's tummy. It was cute until Maura pointed that if she did it in front of their family it would give their secret away.

"Hey other car people." Sophie smiled as she opened the door for everyone else to come in.

"Maura?" They adults looked at her while she had bright red cheeks and and she was drenched in sweat.

"Tell them Frankie." Maura frowned.

"Really?" He looked down at her.

"Yes Frankie tell us why Maura is ill!" Angela told her son with concern in her voice.

"She's not ill Ma, she pregnant." Everyone in the room gasped -even Frost who already knew.

"What?" Everyone looked between Maura and Frankie.