Chapter 36

40 minutes later Frankie had just stepped out of the shower when his phone rang.

"Jane? What's wrong with them?"

"Nothing's wrong but you need to come back like now."

"I'm getting dressed. What's the rush?"

"Doctor big nose says baby will be here in about 45 minutes."

"Alright, I'll be there in a few." And with that Frankie hung up the phone and made it to the hospital in record time.

Frankie walked into Maura's room and watched as Jane dabbed Maura's forehead with a damp wash cloth.

"Hey, you can sit here. I'm going to go and meet up with Frost and the girls. Call me when the baby's born, okay?"

"I was going to anyway." Frankie smiled as Jane left. "You ready babe?"

"Yeah." Maura said before she was hit with yet another contraction causing her to grab Frankie's hand and squeeze it.

20 minutes later Maura was laid in the hospital watching her newborn baby sleep on her chest.

"He's beautiful Maur." Frankie kissed his fiancé's forehead.

"You want to hold him for a bit? I'm going to sleep."

"Yeah, pass him here." Frankie happily took his son in his arms. "Well, your smaller than I thought you'd be." Frankie put his little finger in his sons hand. "I love you so much already." Frankie kissed his forehead. "Shall we go for a little walk and get daddy a coffee." Frankie placed his son down in his car/carry seat and clipped him in. Frankie stepped into the lift saw Frost in there alone.

"I was about to come find you because Jane's go... Ah! You've got the kid with you!" Frost stared at the black carry seat that Frankie had gently placed on the floor. "Anyway, Janes for the girls and their in the little hospital play area. So, when you want the girls to come up just ring one of us and we'll bring them up."

"Cool. I'm going to go get a coffee and then I'll come back up here. When Maur wakes up I'll call you."

"Congrats bro." Frost patted Frankie's shoulder before walking out the lift. The lift traveled down another level and Frankie got out and headed toward the hospital cafe. He bought a coffee and headed back upstairs to his fiancé.

"Why are you awake, Maura?" Frankie unstrapped his son from the carry seat and gently picked him up.

"Because, I, I don't actually know to be honest. How's he doing?" Maura shuffled over in the bed so Frankie could lay next to her.

"He's absolutely fine honey. We saw Frost in the lift, the girls are here so when we're ready they can come up."

"What time are we going home?" Maura watched her son sleep on Frankie's chest as he wrapped an arm around her.

"At around 4 o'clock. I can't wait to take him home."

"Same here. I love you."

"I love you to." Frankie kissed Maura's cheek and took his phone out of his pocket. "Shall we get the girls up here?"

"Yeah. Do you want me to hold him?" Maura offered as Frankie struggled to use the phone and make sure he still had hold of his son.

"Yes please." Frankie waited as Maura took the baby of his chest and he then sat up.

"Frost...yeah, you can bring them up now... Thanks."