Chapter 35

The next day as promised Jane turned up at the hospital and was sat in one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs.

"Jane." Frankie walked up to her.

"How you doing?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm good. How's mommy and baby doing?"

"The labour is progressing quicker than predicted so the doctors are saying the baby should be here in the next 2 hours or so." Frankie sipped the coffee Jane had handed to him.

"Wow, you realise what that date is today, right?"

"Yeah, Maura is giving me the best Valentine's Day gift ever." Today was February 14th and if the doctors were correct Maura would be giving birth on the most romantic day of the year.

"Do you want to go shower and change quick? You can go back to my place, it's like 5 minutes away so you'll be back quick. You know just to freshen up before the baby arrives. I'll stay with Maura."

"That's not a bad idea. Yeah, I'll go. I'll just tell Maura I'm going." Jane followed Frankie down the hall way toward a small hospital room.

"Ah, she's asleep. Which is good I'm guessing?" Jane sat down in the seat next to the bed.

"It's good. Right I'll be back in as soon as I can. Call me if anything, anything, happens." Frankie picked up his jacket.

"Will do." Jane opened her iPad and started playing candy crush.

"Course I will."