Chapter 32

"Are we all ready to go?" Angela walked around everyone checking they had scarfs and hats and coats.

"Come on you two." Frankie called to his children as he carried Beth's fold up pushchair out of the house.

"Daddy!" Beth squealed and held her arms up. Frankie picked his daughter up and kissed her cheek.

"You alright?" Frankie looked at Beth who nodded her response.

"Right. In the car, Soph remember to let Frost in before you get in."

"He go in the middle?" Sophie looked at the back of the car which had two rather big car seats.

"Yep, I'm sitting with you two on the way to the park and daddy is in the way back." Frost said whilst awkwardly manoeuvring to get into the small space in the middle. "Nailed it!" Frost fist bumped Sophie as she climbed in.

"Frost, are you sure your okay in the back? I could sit..."

"In the back? No, not when your that pregnant with my nephew." Frost looked at Maura who was standing behind Frankie as he strapped Beth in.

"And my brother!" Sophie chipped in.

"It might not be a boy." Maura could have sworn this was about the millionth time she had said this over the past 7 and a half months. She opened the passenger door and slowly got in and strapped herself in. Frankie closed her door on the way past and got into his side.

"Let's go." Frankie pulled out the drive way followed by Sean who was driving the other car with himself, Korsak, Angela, Jane and Tommy in.

5 minutes later the Frankie's car pulled into the car park. "How long we be here fore mommy?" Sophie hugged Maura.

"About half an hour. But then we can go home and you can play the frozen game Santa got you."

"That's if your good and you stop complaining." Frankie strapped Beth into the pushchair.

"But it's cold..." Sophie groaned and looked at her father who rose his eyebrows. "... And I love it." She quickly added.

"Uncle Frosty, you playing Frozen with me when we get home?"

"Course I am!" He picked Sophie up and walked toward the frozen pond with her talking away to him.

"Maura, look." Frankie pointed discreetly toward the trees where Cailin and Hope were walking over to them.

"Oh, great!" Maura said sarcastically.

"Play nice sweetheart." Frankie whispered and stood up to hug Cailin.

"Maura, can I talk to you please?"

"Why?" Maura said unmoved from her seat on the bench. The other car pulled up and watched as Hope tried to talk to Maura.

"I want to apologise. For being such a...such a... a..."

"Bitch?" Maura suggested smirking at her.

"Well, yes. I wanted to apologise for being so unappreciative and horrible after you saved Cailin. I should have accepted that you were my daughter, it's not your fault Patrick lied to me and I was rude. And I'm sorry."

"Alright, I forgive you but this..." Maura pointed between the two of them. "...it's going to need working on."

"I'm willing to work at it though. As long as you are." Hope sat next to Maura.

"Yeah, let's try. What's the worst that could happen." Maura smiled at Hope.