Chapter 28

9 weeks later

The next week at work the team were so close to braking the case. Every few minutes someone would find something but they all lead to three suspects and they just couldn't work out who it was. Angela was looking after the girls and everyone else was at work.

"Hey babe, did you find anything else?" Frankie wrapped his arms around Maura's waist and rested her hands on her ever growing stomach.

"No not yet." She leaned back into his arms. "This has got to be the most frustrating case in the world."

"I know honey, I miss our kids." This was the first time Frankie had stayed late at work since the girls came and he was struggling with it.

"We'll be home soon." She turned around in his arms and wrapped hers around his neck. "I love you Frankie."

"I love you too Maura." He bent down and kissed her stomach. "I love you to baby Maurkie." Since neither Maura or Frankie wanted to find out the sex of the baby it had adopted the name Maurkie until it was born. He put his hands on her belly and kissed her. "This baby right here is my motivation."

"To do what?"

"Work."

"Go to work then." She grinned and placed her hands on top of his.

"I can't. I don't want to leave motivation or his mommy."

"We don't know if it's a boy yet!" Suddenly Maura and Frankie felt their child kick. This was the first time that it had happened and it made Frankie jump and pull his hands away.

"Maura. He kicked." Frankie said with tears in his eyes. She quickly pulled his hands back to her belly and they waited for another one - which came and it was just as magical as the first.

"We're having a baby Frankie." Maura smiled.

"I hope you already knew that..." He grinned and kissed her with his hands still resting on her tummy.

"Why'd you look so happy?" Jane downed a cup of now cold coffee and pulled a disgusted face.

"Baby kicked." He sat down next to Janes desk and carried on looking through the evidence.

"Oh that's great!" Jane suddenly got up and started jumping.

"That'd be the caffeine then." Korsak whispered walking past Frankie who laughed and got back to work.