Chapter Two: Not too far

Dipper's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted with Bill staring at me. He was bent down on his knees, and used his index finger to poke my nose. I jumped backed, startled. I banged my head against the wood of wall.

"Ow.... What the hell, Bill?" I pulled my sheets up to cover my bare chest and boxer shorts.

"Why is your face raining?" He asked, staring at my eyes. I rubbed my eyes with my palm, feeling tears. "It's something humans do, Bill." I replied.

He cocked his head to the side. "Why?"

"Because! Just drop it, Cipher!" I snapped at him. I covered my mouth.
"I didn't mean to shout... I'm sorry..." I apologized to him.

'Why did I apologize to him? I blame Mabel for always telling me I sound like dad when I yell. Damn it, he's staring me. What do I say to a demon in the morning? Stop staring at my chest, Cipher.' I thought, foolishly.

"One, say good morning. Two, you shouldn't blame shooting star for anything. Three, I like staring at you." Bill smiled brightly.

'You're annoying.' He pouted. "You're mean. I'm amazing. Not annoying!" Bill protested. Climbing up on the bed, and sitting next to me. I looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "And you sat because...?" I asked.

He rested his head on my shoulder. "Cause I can." He replied, simply.

I sighed. "Whatever. Just tell me about the bet. What do I have to do? What did you even do to have be human in your little bet?" I asked, wondering why he seemed so cuddly.

He put his giant gold hoodie over his legs, and opened his mouth to say something. "I... I honestly have no idea how I managed this, and usually it's the other way around." He chuckled, pushing his bangs back slightly nervous. Bill is never nervous.

'He's showing emotion. He's human. What does that even mean to him?'

"I'm not sure yet." I jumped at his voice. "I'm not sure what being a human means yet." He said, staring at the wall. "That was the bet. I gamble and make deals at the risk of other people's lives. I got cocky. Made a bet that if I could learn what it means to be human- to have actual emotions for someone than he give me more power then I could imagine; thinking I'd win it all with some half-demon half-human guy that thought he was just as good gambling as me." I cut him off, accidentally.

"I doubt it." I mumbled.

"Mm?"

"Oh, I just meant that I doubt the guy was a better con man then you. You and Stan- best con men I ever met. I swear it!" He laughed and I giggled along with him. "Thanks, pine tree. Means a lot coming from you."

He sueded back and forth in his hoodie in a little ball, falling on to my lap. "Sorry..." he laughed. I stared down at him, and smiled. "It's okay. I don't mind." I pet his golden hair. He purred like a kitten, smiling and cuddling closer on my lap.

'Stop being adorable, you demonic cutie. Crap- not cute. Not cute. I didn't mean that. I take it back. Shut up, don't say a word about it, Cipher.'

"Aww. Your face is cute when it changes color! I like red! And gold... and black. But red is a third!" He said.

My face darkened a bit, blushing. "Shut up, and let me think what I have to do with the stupid bet of yours!"

"Okay. Okay." He said between laughs. "So I need show actual human emotion for another human- whatever that means- and I have know what it really means to be human." He played with bangs. "Help a guy out, and tell me what I got do win, meat sack."