Chapter Eight: Old Fights

(Dipper's POV)

I sat on the couch with a bowel of cereal as Mabel came stomping in with Pacifica. "I told you I was sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!" Mabel shouted.

"Well, guess what? You did. Ugh. Why would you even ever do that to a person? Play with their emotions like that, I expect that from him not you..." her voice trailed as she wiped a hand in my direction. She was breathing heavily and the room became dead silent.

Mabel frowned angrily. "Don't point at him!" She slapped her hand away. "He didn't do anything! He said... not to do it." Mabel's voice went from raging with anger to regretful. Realization had dawned over her.

"I... I messed up." She stood up straight. Pacific stared at her slowly following to stand correctly as well. "I shouldn't have dated you just because you had a crush on me. I'm so sorry." She tried to go in for a hug, but was rejected. Pacific took a step back.

She still looked slightly upset. "You're only realizing this now?" I stared between the two eating my cereal. I wasn't about to get in between the two if I knew what was good for me. Last time Pacific threatened to drop kick me, but only got to instead back hand me with rings. I even still got a slight scar to prove it to.

Mabel nodded and tried to apologize again, but Pacific was having none of it. "I can't believe you! I'm out of here."

"Pacific, wait." Mabel grabbed her hand as she tried to leave. "I just... I did it all for you. All of it. I thought maybe I was like Dipper, and I am you know, Pansexual- But I just see you as a friend. Maybe in a different time line this-we could of worked, but when I met Micky I knew it couldn't." Pacific kept her back to Mabel and was shaking with anger, hatred, and over all was silently crying. She was hurt badly.

"I... I know now, I'm sorry." Mabel spoke softly trying put a hand on her shoulder. She pushed it off. "No... its-its fine. I was being childish. I'll go. Bye." And without letting Mabel speak again she's gone, crying.

Mabel turned to me. "Hi... so how did go with Pacific?" I asked. "You idiot." She tried to throw my cup of water that sat on the coffee table, but something happened. I closed my eyes expecting her to playfully throw water at my face for doing nothing as they two argued, but instead the water evaporated before even touching me.

The blue bracelets of fire around my waist turned red. "Dipper... what the hell?" Mabel stepped back. When all the water was gone without leaving a drop on me the bracelets went back to normal. "I need get Bill and the journals," I ran outside in my boxers and white T-shirt now looking for Bill.

"Bill, where are you baby?" I stopped for a moment and thought. He'd be at the shack. He wouldn't stray too far. I made a U turn back to the shack. The rocks and sand sticking and digging into my feet as I ran.

I ran into the shack to see Bill doing a craving on a wall at the back of the shack. Micky was at the front actually watching the store with a close eye, but it seems not Bill as closely as he should have. "Nice boxers." He said.

"Thanks dude. Bill, come here." I followed to the back. Bill turned around to face me. I stood over him as he wore a cheeky grin. "Now, I can explain if you give me a moment." He stated. "This craving has a symbol of a protection spell to keep the shack out of harms way."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Interesting but not why I came here for. The bracelets did something weird." He raised an eyebrow. "Those a meant to protect my poverty."

"From water? And turn red?" I questioned. "What? No! From stuff that would actually hurt you."

We continued to talk about it as he finally finished his craving for the shack. "Oi, Micky. Come here!" Bill called over to him. Micky came and sat with us. "You're strong, think you can stab this last point in?" Bill handed him the craving knife to stab a hole into the center in one go.

Now, I knew Micky for a pretty long time. He's a big dude who was in fact very strong and very smart, and unbelievable tall for 20. So it was no surprise that he did it perfect in the first try.

"I heard you guys talking and I have to say that P-Dipper needs be more careful with his words around this one," he put a hand on Bill's head. "Also, Bill needs to be more careful to what he does because he messed up the deal with bad wording."

Bill gasped in shock. "I messing up a deal? Never!" He claimed offended.

"It happens or happened." Micky reminded. He had a thought on his mind-that much I knew. "Yes. The Pines family are mean and won't let me have any fun. That much is known."

I laughed. "Maybe if you're fun is less deadly then you could do more," Micky commented. "Boo!" Bill rested his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around him almost involuntary giving him a kiss on the lips. "I'll let you two at then..." Micky said as he went back to the front of the shack. Once he was gone I was able to stop.

"So I still have some left, good enough." Bill whispered to himself. "What was that?" I asked. "Huh? Oh, it's just that... my magic has been acting up. I haven't been able to use it properly. I can't read your mind all that well, and I can't read that Micky's mind either since he got here." He explained.

He tried to make a small blue fire in his hand but couldn't get it to light. "Maybe I'm becoming too human or my magic can't proses correctly in this form." His voice was quite and he too had one main thought running through his head.

If I've known their thoughts sooner maybe it would've of ended a lot better.