Chapter 11

A couple weeks pass

I drop Cameron off at his house because he's hanging out with his cousin, Brad. His cousin is bad news. Brad drinks a lot and gets Cameron to drink a lot, and he's underage.

I park in front of his house and run my hands down my legs, nervously.

"Baby girl, I'll be fine." He laughs a little and grabs my hand. I give him an unsure look. He leans over, unbuckles his seatbelt, holds my face in his hands, and kisses me slowly and passionately. He unbuckles my seatbelt and I lean up, kissing him more.

He pulls away but keeps his face close to mine.
"I promise." He says quietly against my lips.

"Okay." I give him a small smile.

I reach for my seatbelt and he grabs my hand.
"You can come in for a little bit, before we go out-... I mean... We're not going anywhere." he darts his eyes to the floor of the car. He doesn't want to tell me he's going out because he knows I don't like him drinking.

"Cam." I tilt his chin up at me. "It's okay. Just be careful. Please?" I look into his eyes and smile.

"I will." He smiles.

"I'm not going to go inside. Have fun with your cousin, okay baby?" I nod my head. "And say hi to your mom for me!"

"I will baby girl." He smiles and pecks my lips before opening the car door.

I watch him get inside and his mom waves to me and I wave back before driving off.

I run errands and go home and watch tv for a while. I fall asleep on the couch.
I wake up to my phone ringing five hours later. I can't believe I slept for that long. I check the caller ID and see that it's Cameron.
I pick up my phone.

H- hey, babe!
C- hiiiiiii
H- are you at your cousins house?
C- yyyyup! Haha
H- want to get picked up?
C- hmmm... Okay
H- okay babe. Text me the address and I'll come pick you up.
C- okayyyy I luh youuuu
H- I love you too. I'll be there soon.

I hang up and roll my eyes. He's really drunk.
I get a text a couple minutes later

C- hi, this is Cameron's cousin, Brad. I'll text you the address
H- okay thanks.

I get a text a little bit later and follow the address. I pull up to the house and walk to the front door. I knock but no one answers, so I walk inside.
I hear Cameron talking on the couch so I listen and walk behind him.

"Hayley is the best girlfriend everrrr and she's so prettyyy, and cute, and hot, and I just love her sooooo much."

Cameron goes on and on about me. I blush and smile.
I walk up next to him and stand next to him.

"Hey, Cam." I look at him.

"Hayley!" He yells. His eyes are bloodshot and I can smell the alcohol on his breath. He stands up and wobbles, grabbing onto me for support.
I glare at Brad and he looks away.

"Kiss?" He puckers his lips. I peck his lips and he grabs my butt.

"Cameron!" I shove his hand off, my face red, because he just did that in front of his cousin.

"Sorry..." He sways back and forth, his eyes looking me up and down.

"Hey, Hales! Guess what I... Can do?" He slurs.

"What?" I smile a little.

"I can sing and... dance." He smiles proudly. "Look, I'll show you!"

He starts to dance crazily, spinning around and jumping up and down, and he starts to sing.

"I'm gonna swinnnnng from the chandelier! The chandelieeeeeer!" He scream-sings loudly.