Chapter 6

Cameron's POV
As I eat my cereal I hear my phone ring. It is a random number, but I pick it up anyway.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Hello, is this Cameron?" I hear a man ask.

"Yes, may I ask why you are calling?" I say politely.

"Do you know a girl named Hayley Foster?" He asks.

"Yes, she's my girlfriend." I say, getting suspicious.

"Hayley was in a car accident and she is at Golden Tree hospital." They say, sadly.

"I-is she o-okay?" I stutter, my voice getting shaky.

"I'm sure she will be okay, but you should come see her." He says.

"Okay I'll be right there." My eyes water as I hang up. What if she's not okay? What if something really bad happens to her? She's my everything. My world would be crushed if I lost her.

"Mom!" I yell running upstairs, a tear falling down my cheek.

"Cameron, honey, what's wrong?" My mom asks frantically.

"Hayley was in a car accident and I need to get to the hospital now." I say quickly.

"O-okay. Let's go." She says, looking nervous.
I throw on sneakers, grab my phone, and run to my car as she follows.
I jump into the drivers seat and she sits in the passenger seat.

"Cameron, please drive carefully." She tells me, putting on her seatbelt.
I nod and back the car out of the driveway. I drive for a while, and I hit a red light.

"Shit." I say under my breath, hitting the steering wheel lightly.

"Cameron!" My mom scolds me. She hates when I curse.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really, really, scared and nervous... What if she's not okay?" I look over at my mom, my eyes watering again.

"She'll be okay... I promise." She gives me a sad smile.

I pull into the parking lot and hop out of the car.
I go to the front desk.

"Hi, where is Hayley Foster?" I ask quickly.

"Calm down, sir. What is your name?" The lady says.

"Cameron Dallas. I'm her boyfriend. And I need to see her." I say loudly. A few people look over at me.

"Cameron..." My mom touches my arm.

"She is in room 208." She gives us passes to get in her room.

"Thank you." I smile weakly and take the passes.
The elevator isn't on this floor so I just run up the stairs.
There is a person outside of the door for room 208.
I show them my pass, they nod and I open the door. I look at the bed to see Hayley. She's all beaten up. She has a bandage wrapped around her head and bruises and cuts on her face, arms and legs. She's wearing a hospital gown and her clothes are folded on the chair.

"Oh my god." I say, my voice cracking, so it's almost inaudible. My eyes water and a tear falls. I sit in the chair next to her bed and take her hand gently. It's limp and her fingers aren't intertwining with mine. It doesn't feel right.
"Hey, baby girl." I smile slightly. I look up at her monitor and see that her heart beat is steady, while it beeps. I swallow the lump in my throat. She'll be okay. I know it.

"Cam... I'm sorry." My mom looks at my expression.
I'm just about to answer when someone barges in the room.

"Cameron!" I hear a familiar voice. I let go of Hayley's hand and place it back on the bed, jumping up.