Chapter 26

It has been a few days, and Friday has come yet again. But it isn't just any ordinary Friday, it's me and Cameron's one year anniversary. We have officially been dating for one whole year, and I can honestly admit that it has been the best year of my life. I love Cameron more than words could ever explain.

My alarm goes off to wake me up for school and I shut it off, swinging my legs over the side of the bed.
I sleepily rub my eyes and turn on my phone, the bright light making me squint my eyes. I check the time and pull on my sweatshirt, going downstairs.

I get a few eggs from the fridge and quickly cook them. While I wait for my breakfast go cook, I scroll through social media, trying to wake myself up.

I eat breakfast and get ready for school. I put on a dress that has pink and purple floral designs, with black flats.

I curl my hair and put it into a half-up-half-down style. I also do my makeup and check the time. I realize that it's time for me to go downstairs, so I jog down the steps and sit at the counter. I see my dad and he smiles at me, continuing to read the newspaper.
My mom comes downstairs and smiles when she sees me.
"Are you excited for your one year anniversary with Cameron?" She asks, pouring a glass of water.
"Yes," I smile widely.
"Oh, that's today?" My dad asks, actually sounding interested.
"Yup." I nod and smile.
"Do you have any plans for the special day?" She asks.
"Not that I know of." I shrug, unlocking my phone.
"I'm sure Cameron will plan something." My mom smiles. She continues doing her daily morning routine and I go on my phone for a bit.

I hear the doorbell ring and I stand up to get it. I walk towards the door and see Cameron through the frosted glass.
I quickly open the door and smile when I see him. He's holding a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers and a huge stuffed bear.
"Happy one year anniversary, Hales." Cameron smiles.
"Happy one year anniversary, Cam," I hug him tightly. "I love you."
"I love you more." He says quietly, squeezing me in a tighter hug.

I take the flowers from him, take his hand, and quickly walk into the kitchen. I put the flowers in a vase and put the vase on the counter, along with the big stuffed bear. Cameron and my dad greet each other.

Realizing we're going to be late, I say goodbye to my dad and tug Cameron towards the front door.

I shut the front door behind us and we go towards his truck.
We talk for the whole way to school, and we finally get to the high school.

Every time he sees me throughout the day, Cameron showers me with kisses and compliments. The day goes by pretty quickly and it's honestly one of the best days ever.

We get back into Cameron's truck at the end of the day and he looks over at me smiling.
"How was your school day?" Cam starts his truck and backs out of the school parking lot.
"It was amazing, thank you so much for making this day so wonderful, Cam." I grin and hold his hand.
"It's not over yet!" He giggles and squeezes my hand back.
"You planned something for tonight?" I look over at him, still really happy.
"Hales, do you know me?" Cam laughs. "Of course I planned something for tonight."
"You didn't have to, this day was honestly enough." I admit, resting my head on the seat.
"It's my pleasure, baby girl." Cam stops at the stoplight and kisses my cheek.

We get to my house and he parks in front.
"So when are we going on this magical date?" I giggle.
"Eight o'clock, I'll pick you up." Cam nods.
"Okay," I nod. "What should I wear?"
"Mmm..." Cam thinks. "Something comfortable."
"Like pajamas comfortable? Or...?" I giggle, needing him to specify.