Chapter 1

5:30 AM. Time to wake up. I dreaded waking up this early. I pulled myself out of bed and sleepily walked down the stairs. At least it's Friday.

"Hi sweetie." My mom says, stirring pancake mix.

"Hey mom." I say hugging her.

"Want some pancakes?" She asks, gesturing to the bowl.

"Sure, thank you." I reply, sitting down at the counter.

It is the fifth day of school and I'm already tired. I sit down with my mom and eat breakfast.

I go upstairs and get dressed and do my makeup. I go into the bathroom and straighten my hair.

When I'm done I go downstairs. I grab my lunch, my bag, and my headphones. I say goodbye to my mom and head out to the bus stop. I put in my headphones. The whole way to school I blast my music.

When I get to school I go to my locker and say hi to my friends.
Once all of my books that I need are in my bag I head over to the water fountain near my science classroom to meet my best friend Alexandra.

"Hey Hayley." She greets me, smiling.
"Hey Lex." I say back, waving.

After talking with her for a while the first bell rings.

We say goodbye and head to our classes. I walk into my first period class. Science.
I take a seat at the empty table toward the back. People fill in but no one sits next to me.
I examine the room. I didn't really look at anyone else the past few days.
The teacher starts to talk. She seems pretty cool and she doesn't seem too strict, which is good.

A couple minutes later, I look up from taking notes as a boy walks in. He's our age, he's pretty tall, and I have to say... He's really attractive.

He has brown hair styled kinda short, tan skin and brown eyes.

"Sorry I'm late, I got lost." He says to the teacher, scratching the back of his neck.

"That's okay, sweetie." The teacher says.
"Everyone welcome our new student, Cameron!" The teacher says.

"You can sit in any open seat." She says to him.

Everyone's eyes follow him as he walks to the back of the class, in silence. He sits right next to me. He could have chose any seat, any seat at all, and he sat next to me.

One of the popular girls huffs out her breath and straightens her hair with her fingers.
I mean, I have friends, but I'm not part of the popular crowd. And not to sound selfish, but that felt good.

Once the teacher goes on about our science worksheet and hands it out everyone starts talking.

"Hey, I'm Cameron." He says, looking over at me.

"I'm Hayley." I say, smiling at him.

"That's a beautiful name." He says quickly. I feel my face turn bright red, and a smile overcomes my face.

"I'm sorry... That was awkward." He says, laughing.

"It's okay." I laugh.

I take out my science binder.
The teacher comes over and hands him the worksheets we've had in the past couple of days.

He looks down at them and a confused expression passes over his face. He runs his hand through his hair.

"Do you need these?" I ask holding up my completed worksheets.

"Can I look at them?" He asks, awkwardly.
I nod and hand them to him.

When we are done going over the worksheet the bell rings.