Chapter 21

A few days pass, and I wake up to hear rain outside. I open my eyes and see rain falling off the roof, and pouring down my window, almost no sunlight gleaming into my room. I smile and take a deep breath, sitting up. I don't mind the rain, and I actually find it pretty relaxing.

Since I don't have work, I have a lazy morning and eat my breakfast while watching tv.
Cameron and I have plans to hang out today, but not for another two hours, so I have time to be lazy.

I sit with my mom for a while, and then she leaves for work.
I eventually get ready and Cameron calls me to tell me he's coming over soon. I sit in the living room and watch tv until he gets here.

The doorbell rings and I get up to answer it. I see Cameron standing behind the frosted glass door. He waves with a huge grin on his face and I wave back too, giggling.

I start to go down the stairs to get to the foyer, and my right foot trips my left foot. I trip and fall, tumbling down the stairs. At first, I start to laugh. Not only because I tripped over my own feet and fell down the stairs, but also because Cameron probably just saw it all happen. The laughter doesn't last long. Pain sets into my shoulder and I take in a sharp breath, sitting on the ground and grabbing my shoulder. The pain is horrible.

"Hayley, are you okay?" Cameron calls from outside my front door. "Did you just fall?"
He bangs on my door and frantically tried to see inside the blurry, frosted glass.
"Ouch, shit!" I curse as the pain increases. Tears spring to my eyes, and I grab my shoulder. "Cam, I'm hurt, please come inside." I strain out.

"Your door is locked!" He calls from behind the front door, trying to turn the knob.
I stand up and open the door, holding my shoulder. The pain gets much worse and a few tears roll down my face.
"Baby, what happened?" Cameron looks frantically into my eyes.
"I fell down the stairs and I really hurt my shoulder." I wipe my tears. "I think something's wrong."

Cameron pulls down my shirt a little and looks at my shoulder.
"Hayley," he says my name frantically. "Get in my car." He helps me to his car quickly.
"Cameron, what's wrong with it?" I look frantically into both of his eyes. Injuries scare me a lot.
"I think you dislocated it." Cam helps me into his truck and he hops in, putting the key in the ignition. He sees my scared eyes and back peddles. "I'm sure it'll be okay. I'm not a doctor, what do I know? There's probably nothing wrong with it."

The pain gets even worse and I can't stop crying.
"Cameron, it hurts." I groan, pushing my head back into the seat. I turn my head looking over at him. He grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze before interlocking our fingers.
"I know, babygirl." Cam looks at me sadly. "I'm driving as fast as I can."

I try to calm myself down and wipe my tears. It's just a dislocated shoulder, it's not that big of a deal... But it hurts a lot. I can't contain the moans and groans of pain passing my lips, making Cameron more upset. He hates seeing me in pain.

Cameron finally pulls into the hospital parking lot and helps me out of the car.
"I hate hospitals, Cameron." I say quietly.
"I know, but we need to get you fixed up." Cam takes me into the emergency room.
"Here, sit down, and I'll get you signed in." Cam sits me down in a chair in the waiting room.
A few people look over at me because of the sounds I'm making from the pain I'm in.
Cameron waits for someone to come to the front desk to sign me in, and he looks back at me. I desperately lock eyes with him, holding my shoulder.

Cameron's POV

I sit Hayley down and go to the front desk. As I wait for someone to come to the front desk, I look back at Hayley. She sits slumped in the chair, holding her shoulder in pain. I hear a chair move closer to the front desk and I snap my head around to see a lady with dark hair.
"Hi, how can I help you?" She asks kindly, getting ready to type on the computer.
"My girlfriend fell down her stairs and she hurt her shoulder bad. Her bone looks like it's popped out and her shoulder doesn't look right. I think she dislocated it." I say quickly and quietly, because I don't want Hayley to hear me and get even more scared. I want to get her fixed as soon as possible, I hate seeing her in pain.
"Okay, and what is her name?" She starts typing.
"Hayley Foster." I dart my eyes to the computer screen, running my fingers through my hair.
She types some more and her records pop up.
"Okay, I will try to get her in as soon as possible, it should only be a few minutes." She smiles.
"Okay, thank you." I nod.
"Here, just fill out these forms." She hands me a clip board and a pen.