Chapter 17

A few weeks pass and I'm sitting at the dining room table, filling out papers, and writing acceptance letters for colleges I want to go to. My dad came home last week from visiting his cousin, and since then, he's been really nice to my mom and I. He has helped me with my college papers and he has actually been asking about Cameron and my other friends. I've been so busy doing stuff for college next year, I haven't even seen Cameron over the past two weeks, and I miss him a lot. I'm going for nursing, and I'm hoping to get into Stanford. My grades are pretty good, and I think I can do it. Cameron is going for liberal arts, and he wants to go to a college that is in Los Angles. If we both got into the colleges we want to, we would be about five hours away from each other. I try not to think about it, but it still makes me pretty upset.
A couple of hours later I finally fill out the last form. I hope I get into the college I want, but I still need to apply to other colleges. My mom has been helping me, and now she has to go to the store.

"Mom, I'm gonna shower and then I might have my friends over, is that okay?" I ask, standing and walking towards the stairs.

"Sure honey! Just let me know what you're doing." My mom smiles and grabs her bag and keys.

"If my friends come over, can we go in the pool?" I ask, looking at her.

"Okay, but you have to be careful!" She warns.
"I will, I promise." I nod.

I jog upstairs, turning on the shower. I hear my mom leave and I get in the shower.

When I get out of the shower, I text Cameron, Mahogany, Matt, Nash, and Aaron, in a group chat.
H- hey guys! Wanna all come over? Bring your bathing suits too, my pool is still open lol

Everyone responds that they can come over in an hour, so I get dressed and dry my hair. I see that they will be here in half an hour, and I start to clean the house a bit. After I'm done, the doorbell rings. I open the door to see Mahogany standing there.
"Hey, girl!" I jump and hug her.

"Hey, Hales!" She hugs me back and laughs.

Mahogany and I get chips and stuff out for when the boys get here.

"How've you been?" Mahogany asks, eating a chip. "I haven't seen you!"

"Good! I wish summer wasn't ending soon." I frown.

"Me too." She pouts her lip.
We talk about college for a little bit, until there's a knock at my door. I open it to see Cameron standing there.

"Hey babe!" I hug and kiss him at the same time.

"Hey, Hales!" He smiles and kisses me back. "Hey, Mahogany!" He says, walking over to her and hugging her.

"Hey, Cam!" She smiles and hugs him back.

Cameron's eyes light up when he sees the chips and he runs over to them, shoving a bunch into his mouth. I laugh and eat a few also.

"Hey, Mo!" Cameron calls Mahogany, calling her by the nickname that most of us use for her. Cameron nudges me and I give him a confused look.

"Yeah?" She walks over to us.

"Do you like Aaron?" Cameron asks, eating more chips. Cam and I talk about this often, and we both think they like each other.