Chapter 14

I pack my final necessities and put on sweatpants and a t shirt, considering I'm going to be in the car for five or more hours.
I wait for my parents to get home so I can see them for a little while before I leave with Cameron.

After a while of talking with Cameron about our plans for our trip, my mom comes home.

"Sweetie?" My mom calls out.
I come out of my bedroom, running down to hug her.

"Hi, mom." She hugs me back.

"Hi, Mrs.Foster." Cameron hugs her also.

"Hi Cameron! Are you excited for your trip?" My mom smiles big.

"Of course! I'm so excited!" I jump up a little.

My mom starts to cook dinner and Cameron and I snack on some grapes and talk to my mom.

"Mom, watch this!" I giggle.
I hold up a grape to throw in Cam's mouth. He opens his mouth and waits. I throw it and he catches it and we all laugh.

"That's some real talent you have there, the two of you." My mom laughs and goes back to cooking.

"She should see us makeout." Cameron whispers in my ear, smirking at me. I feel my cheeks turn pink.

"Cameron!" I yell, hitting him playfully in the arm.

"What'd you say, hon?" My mom turns to look at me.

"Nothing, I was just yelling at Cam." I laugh, kicking him in the leg a little.

As we eat dinner my dad walks in.

"Oh, hi, Anthony." My mom smiles at my dad. I wave a little and so does Cameron. I'm still a little mad at him and scared of him.

"Oh, Cameron is here already." My dad says a little rudely, looking at him.

I nod, not wanting to fight with him in front of Cam. We both reach for each other's hands at the same time. Our hands bang into each other and we look at each other and laugh.

"I'll heat up your dinner." My mom hurries to the stove.

My dad sits across from me.

"So are you excited to go on vacation?" My dad asks with almost no emotion.

"Yes, I'm very excited." I smile and straighten my posture.

"Are you, Cameron?" My dad looks at him.

"Yes, very much, sir." He nods and smiles also.

"Let's not get too excited. I don't want any teen pregnancies." My dad clears his throat and looks at the both of us.
My face turns red and I take a forkful of my dinner, eating it.

After my dad finishes dinner I nudge Cameron.
"Wanna go now?"
He looks at the time and nods. It's around seven.

"We're going to go now," I stand up and so does Cameron. I hug my mom and tell her I love her. "Bye guys."

I walk over to my dad and give him a hug. He purposely squeezes my healing bruises and I wince, but hold it back because Cameron is there.
I think Cam notices because he gives me a weird look and glares at my dad.
Cameron hugs my mom and shakes my dad's hand.

I get my bag by the door and I start to pull it.
"I've got it." Cameron smiles kindly, taking the handle from me.
Cameron and I say goodbye one last time and walk outside.

We put my bag in the trunk of Cameron's truck, and get in. I look back to the trunk to see that he has packed his own bags, also, and bunch of other things.