Chapter 36

About a week later, there's going to be a party at the beach with everyone from our school. Even though it's not too warm out, it's been a tradition to have this party for many years. Our school has it on this night each year, because there's usually a full moon on this date, and it's not too cold yet.

It was really surprising for Cameron when I told him I wanted to go. I don't really like parties anymore, considering all of the bad things that have happened at parties in the past. It's a strange thing for me to want to go this party.

"Babe, are you sure you want to go?" Cameron asks, as he drives me home from school. The party is later that night.

"Yes," I smile. Cameron parks in front of my house and I thank him, kissing his cheek.

"You know you don't have to go just because you feel like I want to, right?" Cam rubs my thigh. "Because I'm perfectly fine with staying home, babe."

"No, I want to..." I nod. "I want to go."

"Okay," Cam says hesitantly. "I'll pick you up to leave around 7:30, sound good?" Cam looks up at me.

"Sure, thank you." I kiss his lips quickly and walk back inside.

I take a deep breath.

You'll be fine tonight, Hayley. Nothing bad is going to happen.

Later that night, I get ready for the party. I wear a black crop top, denim shorts, and black vans. I also tie a red flannel around my waist incase it gets colder later at night.

I touch up my makeup that I wore today and brush through my already straightened hair.
I eat dinner with my parents and then I sit and wait for Cam to come pick me up.

Around 7:30 I hear the doorbell ring.

"Bye guys, I'll probably see you later tonight. I'll let you know if I sleep over Cam's house."
My parents say goodbye and I jog to the front door.

I open the door, revealing Cam. He's wearing khaki shorts and a baseball tee.

"Hey beautiful, ready?" Cam asks as I shut the door behind me and kiss his cheek.

"Yeah," I say quickly. I talk quick when I'm nervous.

"Baby girl, are you nervous?" Cam grabs my hand. He knows me too well... How could I think I'd be able to hide my nervousness from him?

"Only a little." I shrug. I don't want Cam to know how nervous I actually am.

"If you're too nervous, we don't have to go, it's okay." Cam nods, squeezing my hand.

"No, I'm okay." I nod and we walk to his truck. Cam helps me get in and then he gets in, starting the truck.

"I can't make sure that we'll know everyone here, baby. I know that scares you. But I will try to stay with you the whole night." Cam looks over at me, squeezing my thigh. "If you don't feel comfortable at any time tonight, let me know, and we can leave."

I thank him and smile. I love him so much.

We pull up to the beach and get out of his truck. I instantly hear music blasting, and people are running around, playing games. There's food set up with tables to sit at. There's also tiki torches lit up all over the place.