Chapter 39

A few weeks pass, and I'm feeling a lot better. I'm not as sad and unmotivated anymore. I'm smiling and laughing a lot more. I've also been working a lot, so I think that has helped me get out of my funk. It's been pretty good.

The only problem I still have is that I'm still not confident with my body. Cameron tries to help me, by telling me how beautiful I am each day and showering me with kisses, yet I don't fully believe him.

Although I don't love myself as much as I should, I have no clue where I would be without Cameron... He makes me so genuinely happy when I don't feel like being happy is an option... And I love him so much for that.

One day, I'm sitting at lunch with my friends.
"Hey, if I had a Halloween party, would you guys want to come?" Matt asks. "It would be a fun costume party, kinda like a joke."

Cameron and I look at each other, unsure about what to say. Almost every single time I go to a party, something bad happens.
"I won't invite Alexandra, and if you want, I can give you a list of all the people I'm inviting." Matt tries to reason with us. "C'mon I think it'll be fun."

"Are you okay with this?" Cam whispers in my ear. I think about it and nod.

"Okay, great! It'll be on October 31st, at 10:00 at night." Matt nods.
We all agree, talking about what kind of costumes we'll wear.

After lunch finishes, we leave the cafeteria, and Cameron walks me to my next class.

Cam slings his arm around my shoulder and leans down into my ear.
"Are you sure you're okay with going to this party?" He asks, squeezing my shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm good." I nod, smiling. "Thank you for making sure."

"It's my job, baby girl." Cam grins, kissing my cheek. "I just want you to feel safe and happy."

"I think it'll be fun." I say, continuing to walk down the hallway.

"It will." Cam nods and we stop in front of my class. "What do you think you'll wear?"

"Hmm... I don't know." I shrug, thinking. "I gotta get to class, I'll see you later." I smile and kiss his cheek, turning and walking into the classroom.

A few weeks later, Halloween rolls around. I spend the afternoon handing out candy to the little kids in my neighborhood. I see that it's 9:00 and I go upstairs and get ready.

Cameron and I have decided to go to the party as a skeleton and the grim reaper. I pull on my outfit and look in the mirror. I'm wearing a tight crop top that has skeleton bones on it, with a zipper that goes halfway down the shirt. I also wear tight black pants that have skeleton bones on them, too.

I straighten my hair and start my makeup. I wear a black smokey-eye, which is new for me. I also wear a dark lip. I never wear dark makeup like that. I hope Cameron doesn't hate it.

After I'm done getting ready, I hear the doorbell ring. I go downstairs and open the door to reveal Cameron. He's wearing a huge black hoodie and black jeans, with black shoes.
"Woah..." Cameron looks me up and down, making me blush. "You look amazing."

"Thank you! You look dark and creepy." I laugh and back up, letting him into my house.

"That was the plan!" He giggles and looks around. "Where are your parents?"