Chapter 17

"NO!"

I jumped from the table, my legs shaking unsteadily underneath me, spilling my plate and cup as I tore up the paper and screamed at the top of my lungs. Every single eye in the hall was staring at me, staring as Kayley Sorrin went ballistic. Something that was a sight to see since it was rare. I always made sure that I was in control of my emotions, I always made sure no one got reactions out of me. The only sound that filled the hall was my screaming as I burned the paper that spoke lies. I wouldn't cry, I can't. I tried to grab my bag but it was stuck under the bench so I screamed in frustration before walking away.

Every single eye followed me out of the room.

Up ahead was the trio, I felt nothing but anger. I rushed toward them and grabbed Harry by the collar and shoved him back onto the steps so that I was standing above him while his back dug into a stone step.

"Kayley! What're you doing?!" They all shouted at me in shock, Ron and Hermione tried prying me off Harry but my grip was tight.

"Weren't going to mention that my aunt went missing were you?" I seethed, my hands were shaking with anger as I glared. "did you really think that I wouldn't find out?!" I shoved Harry so that his head hit the stone behind him as I stood up straight and looked at Hermione and Ron.

"My guardian is now dead and you weren't ever going to inform me that she went missing in the first place?!" I accused them.

"She isn't dead," Hermione shook her head.

"She was found dead last night. Murdered. With the Dark Mark above her body," I narrowed my eyes at her. "But what really hurts is that it said she was missing for three months and I wasn't told. I thought..." tears were stinging my eyes as I looked at them. "I thought you were my friends."

"We are, Kayley!" Harry shouted.

"NO!" I roared at them. I noticed Hermione and Ron take a step away and Harry flinch.

"Friends tell friends major things like this, they don't hide it away or cover it up," I shook my head.

"When the article that she was missing came out, you were unconscious and we asked the Order what to do. They told us that everyone should keep quiet about it until you were better, Dumbledore told us to keep quiet for your benefit," Harry explained. "You would've gone on a wild chase to find-"

"She was the last family I had!" I snapped at him.

"We're sorry, Kayley--"

"Don't apologize to me!" I snapped at Ron.

I turned on my heel, pushing Harry back into the stairs and walking off.

"Where are you going?!" Hermione called.

I turned, looking at my three friends. Deep down I knew they were only trying to help, but this feeling I had....I glared at them. Making sure it was clear that I was furious.

"None of your damn fucking business, do you hear?"

I continued walking, hearing their footsteps behind me; I wanted to be alone! But not with the trio around...that'll never happen. I hobbled down the halls and up a few flights before I found a secret passageway. I smiled slightly before slipping inside and following the familiar dark corridor deep down...

I've been sitting outside the shrieking shack, trying to calm myself but I couldn't, I was crying uncontrolably as I sat there. I looked down at my hands, I had bought a second Daily Prophet to look at the article in full:

Marissia Sorrin is better known for her work over in the States on Broadway. She's done amazing work after her time at attending Hogwarts and it is with a heavy heart to announce that she was found murdered yesterday.