Chapter 25

*George's POV*

I wrote another letter, hoping this would get through before sending it off, I closed my eyes and rested my head against the glass. Four days ago Alicia Spinnet had walked in the shop and came right up and kissed me, I tried to push away but by the time I did I saw Kayley standing at the door looking horrified before running off. 

Fred would stay away from ever mentioning Kayley, saying that all he knew was that she was busy with everything going on in the Ministry. I knew he knew more than that, but he wouldn't say a word. She wouldn't even come out of her appartment now. I'd gone there everyday to talk to her but she wouldn't answer to me. 

I just wish there was a way to fix everything. But she wouldn't so much as speak to me. Hell, I'd even tried to go by the Order meetings at the Burrow, she'd disappear right when it ended. I had no clue how she did it, but the second the members stood to leave she was already gone. 

There was only one place I could try, I walked out of the room and to Diagon Alley where I made my way to the Leaky Cauldron. I had never felt so happy to see the familiar dark brown head of hair in my life as I quickly took a seat. But she never came over to me, instead she had vanished and a slim waisted blonde was serving instead. 

"Um...excuse me, but that brunette, where did she go?" I asked politely. 

The girl seemed put off by my question, her tone was flat and her expression was disappointed, "she went on her break. She'll be back in an hour." 

I nodded and quickly got up and left without another word, I saw Kayley up ahead, I was just out of reach when she turned to look at me. 

Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked like she hadn't been sleeping. 

"I hope you have fun with Alicia," she said, her voice was shaky and breaking as she gazed at me. 

"Kayley, there's nothing going on there. She's the one who--" but she was already walking away. Practically running from me. 

What was I going to do? 

*Kayley's POV* 

I fixed my blonde hair into a pony tail as I walked to the lifts and got in behind Reg Cattermole, Albert Runcorn, and Mafalda Hopkirk. Three workers that were nice enough towards me, always greeted me sweetly and the first week I was here helped me get around. These were three adults that I respected, even though two of them were rather close to the enemies. So it was strange that neither of them looked at me or gave a smile, I pulled my bag closer to my side and pulled out a small magnetic pin that acted as a listening device. 

Something had happened to these three...I inched closer to Runcorn, about to grab his suit when. 

"Where do you think she is?" Ron Weasley's very familiar voice came out of Cattermole's mouth. 

"How long did you say this stuff lasted, Hermione?" Harry's voice said quietly. 

"I didn't," Hermione's voice came from Mafalda. 

"Morning, Mr. Cattermole," I said stiffly. 

He shot me a smile, then did a double take and his mouth fell open slightly and he prodded Runcorn's side. The two of them hastily hit a button for whatever floor. I placed my hands on their shoulders, even though they were taller than myself. 

"Let me get this straight. Ron is Cattermole, Harry is Runcorn, and Hermione...is that you?" I looked at the now frightened woman. I smirked before forcing the lift to a stop, feeling it dangle between floors. "What the bloody hell are you three doing here?!" 

"We need to get something," Harry said stiffly. 

"Not before you get caught, and not just by me." I shook my head and let the lift continue on it's way.