Chapter 33

The warnings of a storm heading our way sounded outside the window as thunder began to crash. I jumped when a loud clap of thunder sounded and rattled the windows.

"It's just noise," George soothed.

I smiled at him as I rested my feet across Fred's lap and leaned my back into George's side, "can I help you and your feet?" Fred commented.

"I demand a foot rub," I prodded his chest with my foot, he chuckled slightly before sighing.

"You owe me then," Fred commented before taking one of my feet and beginning to rub it. "Shouldn't George be doing this anyway?"

"I would, but she says I hurt her feet," George responded.

"You're too rough," I complained.

"I've never heard a girl complain about being too rough before," Fred smirked.

I kicked Fred's chest, laughing very slightly. "Bill and Fleur have been here for a while...."

"That's normal, they're with mum and dad," Fred shrugged.

"Yes, but the trio are at their home...shouldn't they be watching it just in case?" I frowned.

"It's fine, Kayley," George gave me a reassuring smile, but I knew it was forced.

Fred pushed my feet away, "there. Feel better?"

"Much better, thank you, Freddie," I grinned at him.

He smiled slightly before jumping to his feet, "I'll be back."

I waved him off, resting my head in George's lap, he was smiling down at me while stroking my hair from my face.

"Hello there, love," George smiled.

I played with the fringe of his shirt, sighing slightly, "do you wish we could go on a real date?"

George scrunched up his face slightly and nodded, "I wish I could take you on the date I think you really deserve but I love our small dates we've had," he smiled.

"I love them too," I grinned.

"One day when this is all over, I will take you on the perfect date," he leaned down, kissing my forehead slightly.

"What's the perfect date?" I grinned.

George chuckled, "that's a surprise I won't tell."

"Well, I think our dates are already perfect."

"This one will be much better, I promise," George's fingers caressed my arm as we sat there. "Come on, let's go stargaze before the rain comes."

I grinned as i jumped up excitedly, George laughed as I ran outside before him. George appeared with a small quilted blanket and laid it on the ground before motioning for us to take a seat. I laid back, taking George's hand in mine.

"What constellations are out tonight?" George asked.

"Hercules is out," I pointed close to the tree line. "So is....I believe that's Lynx over in the West," I mused. I turned on my side, George wasn't paying attention to the sky he was staring at me instead, my heart skipped a few beats. "So about this date."

George was laughing slightly, "the second this is over, we'll go on it. I promise."

"Can you tell me about it?" I pouted.

"Not telling you a thing," George grinned. "But you'll love it."

"It's a date with you, that's already a given," I smiled.

George kissed me just as big fat drops of water appeared overhead, "I guess we should go in then," he sighed.

*George's POV*

I walked to the kitchen to get water when I found Kayley at the table, she was wrapped in her blanket and shaking slightly.

"What's wrong, Kayley?" I questioned.

"Oh! Hi! um...nothing," she stammered, her face getting red the longer I watched her.

"The thunder too loud?" I asked, I never thought thunder would be her weakness. But I remember the few times it was terrible at school, she'd managed to find her way up to my dormitory but always fell asleep in the hall. No one ever said anything about it, suppose they were worried Fred and I would do something if we heard them talking about her.

Kayley heaved a sigh, "partly."

"What else then?"

Kayley looked up at me, her eyes filled with unshed tears and terror, "there's going to be a fight very soon...and I'm just scared."

"I'm scared too," I offered.

"Yeah, but you still have a big family. If anything were to happen to you or Fred....or anyone I know..." Kayley's voice broke, "I have no one but you guys. The probability of losing you or anyone is so high that its making me sick. You have a big family, I don't...I have more to lose than you do," Kayley rarely showed her true colors, any true feelings. She was always guarded, always wanting to protect herself from the pain. Although lately she was different, I knew it was still hard for her to be with me sometimes but I loved her for even trying.

So as I sat there studying her, I realized that she was right. She had so much more to lose than myself, if I were to lose anyone I would have people to console me, I'd still have my family. Kayley didn't, she couldn't get over losing a single person. A battle would destroy her if something happened to anyone she knew. Especially me.

I took her hands in mine and gave her a small smile, "it'll work out. I promise you."

"Can I sleep in your room please?" she pleaded. "I don't want to be alone," she mumbled.

"Of course," I smiled, I coughed slightly, "let me get some water first."

After getting my glass Kayley followed me back to my room I shared with Fred and crawled into my bed, she moved over for me, looking like she would fall off any second. I smiled slightly as I pulled her into my chest.

"I promise everything will be alright," I whispered into her ear, she didn't nod or acknowledge me as she shuddered slightly. I hugged her tightly and kissed her temple, hoping for her to sleep well.

"Ouch!" Kayley yelped while looking through my rucksack the next day.

"We warned you not to go through that," Fred commented as he flipped through a book lazily.

Kayley frowned as she held up a galleon, then I realized that it was the galleon Hermione had made for the DA meetings, "why is it burning up?" She looked up at us quizzically.

Fred and I jumped from our beds, staring at it puzzled until a small message appeared where the date and time use to appear for our meetings. "I think...I think we should get to Hogwarts," Kayley spoke up as she studied it.

"A bit of adventure sounds fun," Fred grinned.

Kayley looked at him gravely, but said nothing, I knew what she was thinking before she even said it. I gripped her hand and smiled.

"We'll go to Hogwarts," I nodded.

I watched her eyes spark with excitement for adventure, but when she smiled I noticed it didn't reach her eyes. She was terrified as she held the burning coin in her palm.

To be honest, so was I.

~*~*~

Now, time for the battle! ;)